Getting back on the road

fuckinjackson

jackson
Reaction score
Hey ya’ll, I’m Jackson. Been scrolling on this site for the longest time I figured it was time to finally make an account and network with some fellow travelers.

A bit about myself, I’m 24 yrs old, bisexual, gender non-conforming anarchist punk from orange county and I used to travel a lot mainly on the west coast (bay area, socal, vegas, arizona) although I had a cross-country trip to the east coast back in 2021 that kinda turned me off from traveling and hitching for awhile. I’ve spent the past two years kinda drifting between vegas & socal and not really doing much of anything.

Been feeling really depressed and trapped lately. I’ve been wanting to get back on the road sometime in the spring, but I’m not a huge fan of travelling alone. A lot of the road dawgs I used to travel with are gone or I’m no longer in contact with. Lookin to maybe make some new friends and get myself out of this rut I’ve found myself in.

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
I see you got that doom patch, I painted the doom logo on my skateboard a few years ago but its been shredded off. hear a lot of people say they were playing for the wrong reasons like doing shows just to get money and some people call them stadium crust band. I know that when they dropped corrupt fucking system they had that one song that says "yes they still test on dogs" which was pretty much haunting and that song alone was part of the reason I stopped eating meat. what other crust bands are you into?

Reactions: fuckinjackson

fuckinjackson

jackson
Reaction score
I see you got that doom patch, I painted the doom logo on my skateboard a few years ago but its been shredded off. hear a lot of people say they were playing for the wrong reasons like doing shows just to get money and some people call them stadium crust band. I know that when they dropped corrupt fucking system they had that one song that says "yes they still test on dogs" which was pretty much haunting and that song alone was part of the reason I stopped eating meat. what other crust bands are you into?
I actually don’t listen to a ton of crust, I’m more of a hardcore/sludge/punk person myself but I have a special place in my heart for bands like doom and dystopia. My music taste is really all over the place but eyehategod will always be one of my favorites, dopesick is an absolute masterpiece. Counterparts is also one of my favorites, leans more into the realm of metalcore but their album you’re not you anymore is like deeply personal to me and helped me get thru a lot of hard shit & addiction issues.

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
I actually don’t listen to a ton of crust, I’m more of a hardcore/sludge/punk person myself but I have a special place in my heart for bands like doom and dystopia. My music taste is really all over the place but eyehategod will always be one of my favorites, dopesick is an absolute masterpiece. Counterparts is also one of my favorites, leans more into the realm of metalcore but their album you’re not you anymore is like deeply personal to me and helped me get thru a lot of hard shit & addiction issues.

I saw eyehategod at brighton music hall!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads