From TX to Anywhere

doejohnsone

Reaction score
Hey y'all, name's John. I'm 24, just about done with how I'm currently living and looking at Slab City or a town similar to move to. I've had a bag ready with all my basic needs, some cash to last me for a bit, and a will to work/help anyway I can for shelter. I love all types of music, watching TV/movies and just talking about life. Could use a friend to give me advice and help reach that destination.

doejohnsone

Reaction score
If you're interested in Florida at all I can give you a pretty decent tour😎

Thanks, good to know! Closer to me than CA. Was also considering other states bordering TX like New Mex, Colorado or AZ. Maybe find an under the table gig and tiny space for me. Anything beats my current situation, tired of this place.

zenchop

Reaction score
I can likely help with the under the table, I will warn you that Florida is a black hole and visiting once may curse you to a lifetime of accidentally ending up back in the swamp. But some of us are proud to be the Florida man of myth and legend.

Reactions: Gin and doejohnsone

doejohnsone

Reaction score
I can likely help with the under the table, I will warn you that Florida is a black hole and visiting once may curse you to a lifetime of accidentally ending up back in the swamp. But some of us are proud to be the Florida man of myth and legend.

Hmm sounds enticing. What area? Looking for an active place with cool areas to explore. Gotta have some fun as well.

zenchop

Reaction score
We've got Gainesville which is fixing to have the fest, rainbow folks in February in Ocala national forest(I hope they still come this year, there was a burn a couple years back that toasted the normal grounds) and a bunch of nature from beaches to forests to, well that's pretty much it but it's nice when it's not too hot.

Reaction score
I will be in New Orleans probably Tuesday coming up? Heading northbound to Nashville, then more north. There is a bunch of farm work around! If that has you at all interested send me a message! We can possibly formulate a plan. It is just my dog and I rolling around the country man. I can tell you a bit more if needed! Either way safe travels!

Sidewayssam

Reaction score
Hi John, I hope you find somewhere that suits your needs better than where you're at!
I went through New Mexico recently and found it, at least the ABQ area, to be pretty unfriendly to traveling folk. Super heavily policed. Very few public amenities (bathrooms, water)
Colorado is rad, one of my favorite states to travel in, lots of nature stuff to do, but pretty expensive, and you wanna make sure you have gear for a harsh winter, or at least a safe place to dry your stuff out.
Traveling through AZ right now, it seems cool. It's beautiful. SO DRY though. Finding water can be hard. Flagstaff has been rad.
Safe travels regardless of where you end up!

Reactions: doejohnsone

doejohnsone

Reaction score
Hi John, I hope you find somewhere that suits your needs better than where you're at!
I went through New Mexico recently and found it, at least the ABQ area, to be pretty unfriendly to traveling folk. Super heavily policed. Very few public amenities (bathrooms, water)
Colorado is rad, one of my favorite states to travel in, lots of nature stuff to do, but pretty expensive, and you wanna make sure you have gear for a harsh winter, or at least a safe place to dry your stuff out.
Traveling through AZ right now, it seems cool. It's beautiful. SO DRY though. Finding water can be hard. Flagstaff has been rad.
Safe travels regardless of where you end up!

So I've heard the same about Albuquerque, but I hear Santa Fe isn't as bad. I've been looking at Boulder and Denver as well, they're all so nice compared to home, so many sights to see. Flagstaff looks amazing, lots of forest to explore. There's a couple different states close by I'd like to learn about too to see what's best for me. Wherever it is I go, I'll make sure to gear up properly. Thank you for the suggestions.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads