from black flag to white collar

H

hobbsc

Greetings, all! I'm a long time lurker, but I finally picked up an account and thought I'd participate.

I'm 26 years old (27 in February) and I live in a small town in Northwest Arkansas. I'm the network administrator for that town and I've lived on the same street for nearly 20 years now. I'm recently married and we just purchased a house not too far from the railroad tracks where I used to paint trains and dream of traveling.

I did some traveling when I lived in Brazil (hitching boats, mostly), but short of that, I never took the plunge into the lifestyle. I always love trading beer for train stories and still talk to traveling kids whenever I can. My uniform may have changed, but I'm the same person on the inside.

I'm working on a zine about people who lived their life as punk/grind/crust kids, but cleaned up to find work and support their families. I've got a lot of stories about myself, but if anyone else has stories they'd like to share in a zine, I'd love to hear them.

I really appreciate the forums. I've read a lot of great stories and I've learned a lot of great tricks here. I spend a lot of time wandering around in the woods and many of the tips I've picked up here apply out there as well.

Thanks for posting and thanks for the forums!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads