Free Airplane Tickets | Squat the Planet

Free Airplane Tickets

K

Kendall

I've never tried it myself, but I have heard in the past that if you schedule yourself on a flight that will obviously be overbooked, (ie a flight to new york during x-mas week) and make sure to get in the back of the line while boarding. (maybe even try to pop in at the last moment) Just make sure not make it, as there will be no seats left. That way, in you'r utter disapointment, as will be demonstrated to the person at the counter, you will be rewarded with free flyer miles, and a generous refund (as you should demand if in case they don't offer for some reason)

Sounds like it wuold work to me.

B

Bathtub666

Yea, i've done that before. Not on purpose though. But it's one of those things that are only free if you have the money in the first place.

nobo

Reaction score
although he didnt do it on purpose, my cousin got booted from an overbooked flight into mexico and they gave him 400 bucks cash AND put him on a flight later that day. only problem was it had a layover or some bullshit so it took him 10 hours to fly to mexico...but 400 bucks richer none the less!

C

Cush

nobo wrote:
although he didnt do it on purpose, my cousin got booted from an overbooked flight into mexico and they gave him 400 bucks cash AND put him on a flight later that day. only problem was it had a layover or some bullshit so it took him 10 hours to fly to mexico...but 400 bucks richer none the less!

either way you look at it. he got paid 40 bucks an hour to do something he was doing anyway.

5ifth

i was on a plane a while ago where they asked for volunteers because the flight was overbooked. i got air, and food coupons, then put on a later flight. since then i have volunteered for overbooking before i even got on the plane, i just told them at the counter. i usually got a $300 coupon if they needed someone, but that hasn't happened in quite awhile, i think the airlines are more cheap now.
one time the only flight they could get me was next morning, so basically i got a free flight, and then they paid for a hotel and a cab. BO!

Withoutatrace

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I was on a flight that was cancelled in Toronto once. They put us up in a fancy hotel and gave us a token for an evening meal. Now I KNEW that I was supposed to use it in the coffee shop but I went into the nightclub and had food flambéed at my table while watching some tart singing to me as though she loved me.
At the end when the bill came I produced my scruffy token. The waiter nearly had a heart attack – he was probably counting on a big tip – but anyway some manager came but couldn’t do anything because the dinner token just had the hotels name on it and no restaurant.
Anyway the dinner was not bad but not great and I’m glad I did not pay for it.
We got no refund, and no free air miles, and next day they just put us on another flight.

Nice hotel though.

:lol: Withoutatrace

Reactions: kidbob
X

xmattx

i copied this book i found in a library about being an air courier. i don't know much about it besides the book, but it says you can get real cheap tickets.

or we can just wait for wendys to do another deal with airtran and dumpster there again!

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I have used the "my mother is dying" excuse before. most city or county governments will give you a free one way ticket in the case of a family emergency.

Labea

Reaction score
Planes have to be the most boring form of travel i have ever had the unpleasure of experiencing. convenient, yes. fast, yes. reliable... 99.99999%. but FUN?! no... my idea of fun isnt usually being cramped into a small space with people i dont know who defiantly have a problem with the way i smell, look, etc. but i know people who enjoy it, so more power to them for being able to stand it.

Reactions: p4r4d0x

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads