Former Traveler, Currently Land-Based

SpeleoHoe

Reaction score
Heyo,

I'm Mara.

I'm a former traveler (mostly hitchhiking and motorcycle), living on shared land in east TN hosting current travelers and running an animal rescue/solidarity project. I've been aware of StP for a decade-ish and finally making an account. Hoping to make more woodsy, feral-minded anarchist connections on here.

I live with two other queer anarchists and we have a couple of traveler friends who pass through every couple of months. We're big into caving, bando explorin, foraging, self-built housing, and animal rescue work. I'd love to connect with more people with similar interests!

InsolentMolotov

unplugged and loaded
Reaction score
that's a really great cause. and gnarly pass-time's you all are into. I have a lot of respect for the creators of some of the content that gets uploaded by cave explorers. there are so many variables at play, and all require an established perception of trust that I havent found in any other means of exploring apart from mountain climbing. it's definitely my crowd though because hanging out with fellow feral-minded anarchists in the woods is what I do. I see bandos, train trestles, and trespassing signs of all manner as a test of my resolve.

i'm also into biking trails and dirt ramps with sketchy-looking runs built all throughout the woods and playing bluegrass versions of punkrock songs on acoustic guitar.

cool meeting ya, from SC, right at the foothills of NC i hope to see some pics or links to some of you's guy's advertures in the future.

sleepyjack

Reaction score
Heyo,

I'm Mara.

I'm a former traveler (mostly hitchhiking and motorcycle), living on shared land in east TN hosting current travelers and running an animal rescue/solidarity project. I've been aware of StP for a decade-ish and finally making an account. Hoping to make more woodsy, feral-minded anarchist connections on here.

I live with two other queer anarchists and we have a couple of traveler friends who pass through every couple of months. We're big into caving, bando explorin, foraging, self-built housing, and animal rescue work. I'd love to connect with more people with similar interests!
oooh hello feral friend. similar story here in atlanta, wld love to connect.

SpeleoHoe

Reaction score
that's a really great cause. and gnarly pass-time's you all are into. I have a lot of respect for the creators of some of the content that gets uploaded by cave explorers. there are so many variables at play, and all require an established perception of trust that I havent found in any other means of exploring apart from mountain climbing. it's definitely my crowd though because hanging out with fellow feral-minded anarchists in the woods is what I do. I see bandos, train trestles, and trespassing signs of all manner as a test of my resolve.

i'm also into biking trails and dirt ramps with sketchy-looking runs built all throughout the woods and playing bluegrass versions of punkrock songs on acoustic guitar.

cool meeting ya, from SC, right at the foothills of NC i hope to see some pics or links to some of you's guy's advertures in the future.

Heya! Yeaaaa the team communication in an environment where you gotta be really careful and having each other's backs is one of the things I love about caving.

OooOoh sketchy bike runs through the woods is right up our alley. That sounds like a great time.

Do you have a favorite between urban or rural bandos? I love em both but I get the most stoked about exploring old industrial spaces way out in the sticks.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads