First Timer in TN

TheDocc

Reaction score
Basically the name is Docc and I am a first timer lookin to get out and start with my adventures. Always looking to learn from people and always looking for new people to make friends. Love music like most everyone here and play probably just like alot of you as well, I'm also looking for that, new musician friends =]] Just drop me a line if your coming to or leaving from Tennessee, and if your willing to take someone out let me know. Either way it's happening =]

DCLXVI

Reaction score
Howdy! I'm here in eastern TN, in the tri-cities area. If you come this way, shoot me a message or something and we'll go find some shit to get into. I've been here about 1.5 years and not had enough opportunity to explore outside of a couple of cities, but I'm always hearing rumors of caves and abandoned places that seem interesting.

TheDocc

Reaction score
O indeed it's nice to see a reply so fast... =]
And for sure can you be a little more specific on the area?
Im actually in Nashville currently...
Ever come out this way?
And there are for sure all sorts of places to get into around here one being a post in these forums the old abandoned nuclear plant....

But for sure I would love to get to doing somethings.

freewheel

Reaction score
There are surprisingly a lot of punks in Nashville. Check out little hamilton collective sometime. They have an infoshop and they used to have good punk shows. Maybe they still do.

TheDocc

Reaction score
Exactly.. I am looking to stay mainly East TN towards the country... And yes Little hamilton does still have some good shows going on. And I do know a good amount of the punk kids around here just most of them are not to trust worthy anymore. Everyone has moved out and on. As for the gangs, they are starting to get ridiculous... And all of that is BEYOND me haha =]. But memphis is ok to just pass through, but not a great place to stay for long periods of time. Anyone know any passers through??

DCLXVI

Reaction score
There's a place in Knoxville called Dishaus aka The Poison Lawn that host shows and sometimes travelers. It's not far from the downtown area either, so it's in a good place to explore the city. I've got a band playing there May 3rd if you want to swing through and meet, maybe plan a little adventure or something. I might be doing something at Little Hamilton Collective too. I'm not sure how far Knoxville is from Nashville, but I've got some friends that constantly come through those cities, so it can't be too far.

B

beat_tramp

God damnit always when Im on the brink of leaving.Ive been seeking out fellow Nashvill/Tn -ians for a little while now - especially fellow musicians.I thought I found some guys to jam with (x -Radio Death Wave members) but they REALLY rubbed me the wrong way coming off as quite judgemental against transient/squatter - types.Or at least the one guy I talked to - seemed like after asking me afew questions like "Do I have a job" "Will we be able to jam at your house" etc. after I clearly explained I was squatting-I was put into some kind of negative category and dude stopped responding to my emails....Also Im from Memphis and yes its a depressing,evil,rough place.Ive accidently wondered into the Orangemound hood acouple times and have had guns straight up violently poked into my temples.Fuck Memphis.And the people there tend to suck too.

playedout

Reaction score
Basically the name is Docc and I am a first timer lookin to get out and start with my adventures. Always looking to learn from people and always looking for new people to make friends. Love music like most everyone here and play probably just like alot of you as well, I'm also looking for that, new musician friends =]] Just drop me a line if your coming to or leaving from Tennessee, and if your willing to take someone out let me know. Either way it's happening =]

hey man im stayin in east nashville right now.. just hopped out from cincinnati the other day but me and my road dog are plannin on catchin out west in the next couple of days. we just gotta make copies of this specific little book that we seemed to have misplaced in philly. but if you get ahold of us before we leave and your cool with hoppin your more than welcome to come along man. i would leave you a number but unfortunatly i dont have one but im on this site every time i have access to a computer. and even if your not tryin to hop out its always nice to have as maNY contacts in the cities as possible.

Impossibilist

Reaction score
ayyy! I'm in nasville right now, too!

Buttuh, I'm a first-timer too, so I don't know that I'd be much help to ya...

(and little hamilton's okay, but it tends to be frequented by stone-faced people who for whatever reason refuse to dance at all.)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads