Extradition For Warrants

WanderLost

Reaction score
What is the likelyhood of getting extradited for a misdemeanor warrant? I heard that even if you don't get extradited; you can still be held in custody for like 2 weeks or something. Is that true?

Reactions: jamaicafaith

Tony G

Reaction score
What is the likelyhood of getting extradited for a misdemeanor warrant? I heard that even if you don't get extradited; you can still be held in custody for like 2 weeks or something. Is that true?
depends on the state honestly some states like nv will chase u for a ticket and yeah if u have a warrent they will hold u they held me for 8 weeks at rikers in ny till washington state sent somebody to get me

WanderLost

Reaction score
depends on the state honestly some states like nv will chase u for a ticket and yeah if u have a warrent they will hold u they held me for 8 weeks at rikers in ny till washington state sent somebody to get me
Isn't Rikers a prison? Just to clarify we're talking about misdemeanors right?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What is the likelyhood of getting extradited for a misdemeanor warrant?

I think a broader, but more helpful, explanation for anyone reading this is that in the majority of misdemeanor cases, in most states, you do not have to fear being extradited when getting a background or ID check by a police officer. The majority of the time it's just too much to deal with for too little reward (on the law's end).

Now, that doesn't mean you can necessarily go state to state racking up misdemeanors all over the place; the fewer you have, the (obviously) better off you will be during police encounters. If you have a rap sheet a mile long, the police are going to treat you accordingly.

I am not a lawyer. YMMV. But this has been my experience traveling with misdemeanors and traveling with a lot of others with misdemeanors over the past 20 years.

Reactions: WanderLost

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads