News & Blogs - Eaten alive - man dressed in carbon fiber suit purposely eaten alive by anaconda | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Eaten alive - man dressed in carbon fiber suit purposely eaten alive by anaconda

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Seriously? What would ever make you be interested in doing this, filming it and putting it on the Discovery channel. Snakes don't regurgitate - and if they do something goes wrong - who knows what happened to it's ribs, stomach or lungs ... I had a 10-1/2' boa - and she wasn't feeling well - and was in too cold of a room (was having her custom made cage enlarged so she was just in a locked bedroom - not in her warm cage - and she finally ate a rabbit so I left - but rabbit came back up and she died shortly after that :( I've signed petitions that went off to Discovery for them not to show it. oh and I guess they pulled him out with a rope.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ts-after-being-eaten-by-anaconda-9902563.html

Eaten Alive: Paul Rosolie responds to animal rights activists after being eaten by anaconda

eaten-alive.jpg

Rosolie insists that the animal was unharmed in the Discovery Channel stunt

A naturalist who was filmed being eaten alive by an anaconda for a Discovery Channel documentary has responded to animal rights activists angry about the shocking stunt.

Paul Rosolie donned a carbon fibre suit and poured pigs’ blood over himself for Eaten Alive, before imitating the 25ft snake’s normal prey to attract its attention and get it to eat him.

Critics have angrily accused Rosolie for not caring about the snake’s welfare, but the 27-year-old has said that he only took part in the experiment to help raise awareness of the animal’s Amazon habitat.

“I didn’t want to stress [the anaconda] out too much,” he told theNew York Post. “I wanted to make sure that the suit was smooth and wasn’t going to hurt the snake.

“I really wasn’t scared. We tested this suit and worked on this with experts so we knew I was going to be safe.”
Rosolie added that he wanted to “absolutely shock people” and gain new supporters. “Environmentalists, we love to preach to the choir,” he said. “What I’m trying to do with this is bring in a bunch of people that wouldn’t necessarily know what’s going on in the Amazon. Desperate times, desperate measures.

“It’s a cool little dissonance there – they’re all coming out against me but I’m the guy that’s been down there in the jungle trying to protect these things.”

When the trailer for Eaten Alive sparked controversy on its release last month, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) released a statement branding it a “blatant publicity stunt”.

“If the description is accurate, the snake was tormented and suffered for the sake of ratings – as animals usually do when they’re used for entertainment," the statement read.

“Anacondas go days without eating and expend the energy needed to do so selectively. Making this snake use up energy by swallowing this fool and then possibly regurgitating him would have left the poor animal exhausted and deprived of the energy that he or she needs.

“Shame on this pseudo ‘wildlife expert” for tormenting this animal and shame on the Discovery Channel for giving him the incentive to do so.”

How Rosolie escaped the 400lb snake’s body before being crushed remains a mystery, although the special suit’s three-hour oxygen supply would have been crucial.

He refused to reveal how the stunt ended but insisted that the snake was unharmed. “For those worried about animal cruelty, I invite you to research my work – read my book. Then ask yourself: would this person ever hurt an animal?”

Eaten Alive airs Sunday at 9pm ET on the Discovery Channel

Comments from the Petition I signed ...
BuzzFeed Confrims Regurgitation
esRdSWMXxbYqRiw-44x44-noPad.jpg

Ben Paramonte
San Francisco, CA
Nov 27, 2014 — An article on BuzzFeed confirms that he was regurgitated. As said by many, animal abuse. Apparantly there's NO other possible way to save rainforests...http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/the-man-who-was-eaten-by-a-giant-anaconda-describes-what-it

man-explains-why-he-was-willingly-swallowed-alive-2-5382-1417091331-0_dblbig.jpg
So by abusing an animal you are trying to save the rainforest. Hmmmm. Makes sense.
STILL DISGUSTING AND UNNECESSARY- SHAME HIM-NONE OF MY FRIENDS WILL WATCH!
What possible good does Discovery see in this?
RATINGS -> $$
Discovery Channel, you've hit an all-time low with this garbage. I've lost all respect for you because of this sick and pathetic stunt. All of you should be deeply ashamed of yourselves for promoting animal abuse just for your ratings. It really is all about the almighty dollar and your enormous egos! Abhorrent...all of you!
I'm only watching it to see if they actually do the stunt. If so I'll quit supporting the Discovery Channel completely. They are supposed to be about education, not shock & awe ratings games. I honestly think they are doing this to show that the animal will not try to eat him. But honestly I think if a guy laid there as bait - and the animal was large enough, they would eat him. I've seen one eat a Hippo.
This is sick animal abuse, utterly pointless what the hell is this Discovery Channel up to, shame on all who were involved.
etcetcetc ....

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the discovery channel went the way of the overhyped reality show (and ceased to be educational) quite a few years ago.

but i agree that this was fucking stupid, and there's no way the animal didn't suffer for this dumb stunt; and the guy who did it is a fucking asshole.

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Reaction score
This guy is a retard who in their right mind lets a snake eat them?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
"Steps aside and really thinks about this event... what happened and the motivations..."

(were there legit scientific concerns... no... was it motivated by spectacle...(thanks golden goose) and money... yes)

"Steps back... and rages."

HEY ASSHOLE HOPE YOU GET ASSFUCKED BY A RHINO.

kidbob

Reaction score
So i was watchin david letterman and he says this was all a big publicity stunt.
Dude getting eatin actually taps out as the snake swallows his head and they pry the snake off him...it was supposed to be a 300 lbs snake but infact was ALOT smaller

Davids top 10 consisted of jokes relevant to the snake
With the #1 thing ppl where saying when watchin this tv special was

"i havnt seen a jaw unhinge like that since my wedding night"

Bawhahhahaahah

Really fucked up they did that to a snake..even if it was to draw attention to the species.

David letterman also gave a mild jawjacking aimed at the film and his disgust with it.

He mentioned valid points,most of which included things that we have already discussed here.

Just felt like sharing

Reactions: Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads