Does anyone else wear hearing aids?

wanderbusk

Reaction score
I am curious on how you take care of them on the road. I assume it's generally the same but since I will be outside much more of my life in the near future, I am assuming my aids will get dirtier faster than normal especially when in much warmer areas. I will keep alcohol swabs on me when I can but I know I may go long periods without them. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: bote and Bibs

Bibs

Reaction score
I'm not deaf yet but I traveled with plenty hard of hearing folks, you'll wanna get one of these aide brushes and a dry box of you don't have em already. I couldn't find a picture of an old dry box (they're all like electric USB things now and I do not know anything about em) but they're small rounded airtight boxes lined with a thick rubber and a small aluminum tube poking out the side, you put your aides inside clamp it shut and then suck the remaining air out through the tube which has an seal on the back that'll clamp closed when the air is gone.
I know otolaryngology offices have pamphlets on how to care for your aides if you have a particular type of job that may harm them, could be useful seeing if there's one for outdoor care specifically. Sorry I don't have more info for ya bro I should've gone into ent instead of general practice but hindsight is always 20/20 lol
be safe have fun 🍀

Attachments

• 61DjC2gZy5L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp
    32 KB · Views: 17
  • Love It
Reactions: wanderbusk

Bibs

Reaction score
This is great! I have the brushes but I am surprised I don't know about the box. This is helpful. Thank you very much.

No worries at all friend, if studying medicine taught me anything it is that there's an absurd amount of hyper specific tools and devices that are meant to serve one singular purpose and it's impossible to keep track of them all lol especially when new models come out every month or two

Reactions: wanderbusk

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads