Dirty kid here. Let's chat! | Squat the Planet

Dirty kid here. Let's chat!

ElysianFieldz

Elysium
Reaction score
Hello I am Ely and Ive been travelling since 15 and I am what you would call a dirty kid. I am gender fluid and prefer any pronouns! (they/them, or she/hers, or him/his) nice to meet you!!

I am planning on travelling from Washington to Oregon soon by foot and train hopping with my partner for a month or so. Any other dirty kids or wanderers wanna chat and share advice?

Last edited:

TheTexasRoadrunner

Reaction score
Yeah if for.some reason you decide to walk the rail bridge to Portland for what ever reason, do it at night where they wont see you. I did it back in 2016 durimg the day and had the bull all up my ass about safety ect it was embarrassing

WanderLost

Reaction score
Hello I am Ely and Ive been travelling since 15 and I am what you would call a dirty kid. I am gender fluid and prefer any pronouns! (they/them, or she/hers, or him/his) nice to meet you!!

I am planning on travelling from Washington to Oregon soon by foot and train hopping with my partner for a month or so. Any other dirty kids or wanderers wanna chat and share advice?

Where in Wa to where in Or? Do you have any routes or destinations in mind for trains?

WanderLost

Reaction score
You can take busses from mt Vernon to atleast Tacoma maybe Olympia. The hitch from Oly to portland is easy. They dont give transfers north of seattle though.
I dont know much about the trains there other than theres alot going North and south between everett and Canada. I've seen them stop in the mt Vernon area before. I think you can go south to Portland from Argo yard in Seattle or just south of Argo in Georgetown by the light. There's probably other places I dont know about though. Goodluck!

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
@WanderLost can confirm the hitch from Oly to Portland is EZ. dont recommend doing this, but got frustrated waiting and walked down the onramp on the highway heading south and some madman rolls down his window and throws a fifty dollar bill at me. Had to chase it into the ditch and couldnt believe it!

As for advice I say pay attention to and be aware of Ley Lines, whether its a change in neighborhood, plantlife, state lines, county lines, someones 'private' property.

Reactions: japanarchist

ElysianFieldz

Elysium
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice im currently trying to find a train in bham that goes slow enough for me to jump on or that stops entirely at some point so that I can get on more safely which is preferred.

ElysianFieldz

Elysium
Reaction score
You can take busses from mt Vernon to atleast Tacoma maybe Olympia. The hitch from Oly to portland is easy. They dont give transfers north of seattle though.
I dont know much about the trains there other than theres alot going North and south between everett and Canada. I've seen them stop in the mt Vernon area before. I think you can go south to Portland from Argo yard in Seattle or just south of Argo in Georgetown by the light. There's probably other places I dont know about though. Goodluck!

Solid advice there. I think it will be pretty smooth sailing once I can get to Seattle. Just trying not to get on a train heading north into Canada cause that's a big no no for obvious reasons. Bham is a small retirement town and I'm not sure we have any railyards here

WanderLost

Reaction score
All of the loaded coal goes to Canada so dont get on any of those. Maybe you could ride an engine on an empty coal headed south but it might be locked. You might have better luck catching a stopped IM cuz it would go atleast to Seattle, unless some IMs take a turn to Wenatchee at Everett not sure.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads