Confessions of an Eco-Rebel... | Squat the Planet

Confessions of an Eco-Rebel...

Thx

Reaction score
2zqbu9z.jpg

2u3uw4w.png

Hello children of the soil, naturephiles and just people who like to eat food,

The town I live in used to be mostly farmland. A rich valley and the town was just Main St., not much bigger than Mayberry.

Well, along come the 1950s and the city decided to expand the commercial zoning...

So, there are still a few farms left, but most have been supplanted by warehouses.

We must have a couple hundred.

And between the warehouses are large empty fields...

A few years ago I wondered about SHTF like many others.

What would our govt. do in the event of a nationwide disaster, natural or man made?

Heck, these guys couldn't handle Katrina.

So, I have been like a Johnny Appleseed around here.

I plant tomatoes, melons, bell peppers, squash, beans, carrots etc. in select places around town.

All those fallow fields going to waste.

My thinking is that critters and birds will spread the seeds and before you know it tomatoes will be growing between the cracks in the city sidewalks, lol.

Now, officially I am trespassing to do some of this, so it's a bit of a thrill, and I can just see the look on a cop's face when he busts me for planting seeds.

"Hey man, the Earth belongs to everyone..."

Where do you live? Start doing this in your town, tell your friends, next spring is just around the corner, let's stick it to the man with produce! :cool:

Thx :)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads