Chess

WanderLost

Reaction score
So turns out I have "insufficient privileges" to post in General Banter, so I figured maybe I need to do an introduction first?

Anyway my names Joe, been on here for a while, used to travel a lot now I'm off road for now blah blah.

I was wondering how many people on here play chess. I want to start a club on chess.com to host small tournaments to play games that start on different opening positions.

If anyone's interested you can add me on chess.com. My username is DankBudz89.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Did you read the thread that is stickied at the top of the general banter section that says 'read this first'?

WanderLost

Reaction score
No don't see one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231201-184906.png
    Screenshot_20231201-184906.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I would  love to play in a chess tournament. Like face to face though. Im not very good, but i would like to learn more about the game.

There is a reason why this game has been around for centuries. Good cognitive exercise.

Reactions: WanderLost

WanderLost

Reaction score
I would  love to play in a chess tournament. Like face to face though. Im not very good, but i would like to learn more about the game.

There is a reason why this game has been around for centuries. Good cognitive exercise.

If you're wanting to learn more I'd recommend Gotham chess on YouTube. They have 10 min opening lessons that will get you started learning basic set ups and strategies.

Also if you're interested later on you can play daily games and tournaments with the chess.com app. Daily meaning you'll have 24hrs to a week to make a single move depending on the selected settings of the game.

Also chess puzzles are good for improving your pattern recognition and improves your game.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads