News & Blogs - Check out this 175 lb pit bull! | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Check out this 175 lb pit bull!

Dmac

Reaction score
this dog is awesome! but i wouldn't want to feed or clean up after it. http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/175...atters-misconceptions-breed/story?id=29353371

175-Pound Pit Bull Hulk Shatters Misconceptions About the Breed
Mar 3, 2015, 11:51 AM ET

ld_giant_pit_bull_kb_150303_16x9_992.jpg

Hulk the pit bull with owner Lisa Grennan at the Dark Dynasty K9s facility on Feb. 22, 2015 in New Hampshire.

This dog just may be the world's largest Pit Bull. Only 18-months-old, Hulk weighs a hefty 175 pounds.

Despite his intimidating size, his owners Marlon Grannan and his wife Lisa Grannan say Hulk is a sweet family dog and a best friend to their 3-year-old son Jordan.

Online videos and photos of Hulk with their son in their New Hampshire home shatter misconceptions about Pit Bulls as ruthless monsters.

Dog Shows Up at Hospital Where Owner Is Battling Cancer

Joey the ‘Extremely Nimble’ Two-Legged Dog Gets Forever Home

Grannan's toddler can be seen riding Hulk, singing with him and napping with him.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...eos/727525234027878/&display=popup&ref=plugin

"He's a wonderful, excellently trained dog," Grannan said. "He plays with my kid, he's great with the family and he's so, so sweet."

"Because Pit Bulls are only in the media when bad things happen, this myth of them as monsters gets perpetuated," Grannan added, "but it's not true. They might not be for everyone, but under a good leader and with proper training, they make amazing family and work or protection dogs."

Grannan and his wife are the owners of Dark Dynasty K9s, family-owned kennel that breeds and trains American Pit Bull Terriers as protection dogs for clients worldwide. Dark Dynasty K9s is also a member of the American Dog Breeders Association and the United Kennel Club.

"I want to emphasize that we breed and train dogs who come in stable," Grannan said. "Our goal is to make these dogs fearless for the intimidation factor that protection dogs need to have, not for them to be uncontrolled and maul or bite anyone. That is improper training."

He owns 12 Pit Bulls in training and one Chihuahua. All of them live and work with him at their 150-acre home and kennel, Grannan said.

And yet, Hulk, the biggest of them all, has garnered the most attention. A video of him being weighed last month had over 7 million views as of Tuesday morning.

"My hope is that we can stop ignorance and change people's minds about Pit Bulls in a positive way with all this attention," Grannan said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
:) videos are screwed up on that site - it sites a huge gray great dane and another a very tiny chiwawah - but then there is the vid of the giant pitty - OH MY!!! That's a big dog head!!

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
WTF.... Doc? THat has to be photo-shop? no?
I mean shit the contrast between that nice pale delicate featured pretty girl and the monster dog is just Booom. Like serious?
I don't believe it Dattabayo... ::cigar::

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Word from snopes: May I add - HOLY SHIT!!!
____

http://www.snopes.com/info/news/pitbull.asp

Pit Bulk
image: http://www.snopes.com/graphics/news/hulk.jpg

hulk.jpg

On 2 February 2015, pit bull breeder Dark Dynasty K9s uploaded a video of The Hulk, a 17-month old puppy that already weighs 173 pounds, to its YouTube page:

The video, which racked up more than a million views in its first week, left many viewers wondering if The Hulk really was the world's largest pit bull. While there is no official size record for pit bulls, many aspects of The Hulk's size are truly amazing.

First, Dark Dynasty K9's (DDK9), a specialty breeder of large security dogs, credits The Hulk's massive size to his bloodline. The kennel's web site explains the dog's pedigree and traces the Hulk's ancestry back five generations:
"What is a bloodline?" is a very popular question and one that can be debated. To us at DDK it is the ability to create a consistent look. All bloodlines start off by selectively in and out breeding with a number of other bloodlines to create the style you are looking for. In time you should start to see a consistency in the production of the dogs. Here at DDK we are known for XXXL working style American Bullies that stand from any other bloodline by the look and the drive to work and protect. Like all other creators of bloodlines, we have a vision and started the long selective process to say "I have created a look that is different and distinguished". We give full credit to all bloodlines used to create the DDKLINE: Camelot, Petersons, Mcenna, Razors Edge, Gotti, Watchdog, Grayline, Red Lion, Dagger, Chevy...and the list goes on. In the past 8 years of breeding we could fill a whole page with the direct bloodlines used to create DDK in the past 8 years, as well as the bloodlines used to create those bloodlines; and with the proper research all this information is available. By selectively choosing dogs the DDKLINE was born and is here to stay.

image: http://www.snopes.com/graphics/news/hulkpedigree.jpg

hulkpedigree.jpg
While the video of The Hulk may seem incredible, DDK9 has dozens of additional photographs documenting the pit bull's massive size. This dog is only 17 months old and may still be growing.

image: http://www.snopes.com/graphics/news/thehulk.jpg

thehulk.jpg

The Hulk may look scary, but DDK9 insists he is a sweetheart. The breeder says while its dogs are bred primarily for security, they are also great family dogs:
We produce the best of all the finest bloodlines. The result is a well balanced calm family dog also capable of becoming a top of the line working dog. DDK9's dogs can be trained for any level of protection including for high level security or family and personal protection.

Last updated: 9 February 2015
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/info/news/pitbull.asp#Af8tmtIT7SlePWxP.99

Reactions: Blueberry and Kal

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I still don't believe it...
Dattabayo....

Hulk would have to drop in for a beer and tell my the origin of my corny anime reference...

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Reaction score
Can you imagine how much it would cost to feed that dog?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I saw him on TV this morning... Hulk does exist. Dattabayo. :D

Though that one pic is deceptive he did not look as large on camera in studio.
Beautiful chill dog. I just wanted to lay down next to him on the floor and roll around and share beef jerky treats. Dattabayo. :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads