Chad Fontaine and Annoying the Musdical | Squat the Planet

Chad Fontaine and Annoying the Musdical

D

Deleted member 125

i thought the doc was nearly unwatchable. i dont remember the other dudes name but they are both just so fucked up the whole time. im not that big of a fan of watching people shoot dope especially in his case because unless im remembering wrong its what killed him.

roguetrader

Reaction score
yeah and their music is generally pretty dire as well - they are presented as this raw and honest talent just waiting to be discovered but personally I wasn't impressed - them being so wasted the whole time didn't help with the quality control...

I get tired of heroin addicts being portrayed as arty bohemian rebels - I've been there and it's a harsh life that kills creativity in the long run....

and yeah Slanky you're correct, Chad Fontaine died of an overdose not long after the documentary was filmed....

Grainerquantumleap

Previously grainerqualityheap
Reaction score
Well I think thats a mighty viable theory for some reason people say alcohol was responsible for Chad dying. Ya fair thoughts on the Doc, what I like is the bulk of their music not the Youtube trap which is a vestige of what theyre responsible for making. If you want to really hear Chad Fontaine sing something verging on hopeful buy his album Duct Tape Rose or reasearch his name on spotify for his real signature.

roguetrader

Reaction score
I did check out a bit more of Chad and Grants music but it wasn't for me - I'm not that keen on Folk Punk anyway, generally prefer amplified aggro punk ! not a hater though so if you enjoy it then cool....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads