Casey Catastrophe - R.I.P 10/22/08 | Squat the Planet

Casey Catastrophe - R.I.P 10/22/08

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I started this forum section because I was just informed about an hour ago that [ame="http://squattheplanet.com/member.php?u=249"]Squat the Planet Forums - View Profile: CaseyCatastrophe@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: CaseyCatastrophe</title>@@AMEPARAM@@CaseyCatastrophe[/ame] passed away on October 22nd, 2008.

Her mom called to tell me that she committed suicide that day, and did not leave a note. She had apparently been suffering from depression for years, but hid it well enough that neither I nor her mom knew that there was a problem.

I don't even know her last name, but she lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado most of her life, and we were romantically involved for a while before she went to college in Denver. I only mention it because this just makes it a thousand times harder for me to deal with.

Casey, I'm so sorry for not saying what I should have to you this summer. I just wish you had called me, or asked for help. I would have done anything to make you feel better.

I can't even find her myspace anymore... if anyone has pictures, or info, or wants to share anything about her, please do.

D

dirty_feet

Casey to me was such a force. She was rich in heart, and therefore a minority in character, and it sucks to lose another warrior of that calibur. I will miss her. She was an incredibly articulate, very smart, sharp beautiful young woman, an outstanding, absolutely bold writer, and artist. What a thread she sewed, it was heavy indeed, a rare breed. Very special lady - she will be missed.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads