Brazil, and a few freights maybe??

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
So if all goes well with work contracts this summer/fall I will be heading down to Brazil for a little Urbex and also hopefully try my hand at a few freights down there. Just wondering if anyone one here has had any experience in the country.
I've been through most of Latin America and I'm assuming its basically the same only a little more dangerous. Sites like "best gore" seem to get new vids of fucked up shit from there almost daily. I had originally never planned on actually heading down there due to this. However a good friend of mine just went down for a year and convinced us to come visit. The trains they have down there being a major factor!
While there I'm looking to make a proper doc on my experience as well as on a few issues like the endangered Awa tribe, visit an abandoned prison in the south, and of course my attempt at train hopping.
This being said I will be bringing a bit of gear with me, and too be honest as of right now I feel like I have an eighty percent chance of getting robbed, killed, or beaten severely because I wont part with my shit.

I know from visiting other countries like Colombia, that some reputations aren't justified and I'm hopping this will be the case with Brazil. Anyone on here have any wisdom on backpacking Brazil?

If any one on here has actually hopped a freight down there I would be especially interested in chatting with you. I have only found one person who has written about his attempt and hes been a hard man to get a hold of.

Thanks in advance

WH

brazil mac.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
damn, i don't have any info for you unfortunately, but id really like to hear back on how this goes and id love to see the pics/vids.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Leave it to wizehop to do all the shit the rest of us can barely dream of.
Brazil is my dream destination, I'm not a jealous person yet I find myself jealous.
I wish you an amazing adventure down there, I won't wish you a safe journey, you have too much of my respect to wish you such boredom.
Send me a post card if you still have my address. I probably won't get it though till I get back from Puerto Rico in the spring.

fefo

Reaction score
have you hopped freight in mexico before? i imagine its similar. i have a few friends here in mx who have been down there ill ask to see if they rode freight down there. if its anything like mx id recommend not going solo.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads