Back to our good old streets...

Graziella OTR

Reaction score
2 years ago, with an incredibly stupid and "from 20 to 54 years" old team, we opened a huge squat. This was suposed to be a chimical factory. We did alot of shows, fed a lot of bands and in poeple / public for free, had so many workshops. We put a big part our of hearts, personnal life in this project.

Today Justice decided to throw us out... back to the streets.

FUCK THEM

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Was this in Paris?

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
That is so horrible. Europe used to be so conducive to backpackers, hitchhikers and the like but now it seems as though they are becoming just as fucked as the U.S.

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
The dislike is because this is such a shitty situation.

Graziella OTR

Reaction score
hi!!! yes it was in Paris, a very nice place abandonned since 5 years. the owner asked the judge to evict us, inspite of all the work we did. The evicted some friends" squats this winter, with a very cold weather, there was family from Romania and so on...they don't give a fuck. Seems that it's ok to play Monopoly, earn a lot of money while poeple are starving outside in the cold. And yes you're right, France ( is dreaming to be like all the ultra capitalist countries poeple (or so few) don't say anything, one of our ex president rightly said that Frenchies are sheeps.
Few month ago a mayor said that if one of his citizens kills a Rom, he will support and defend him...
Our governement us sweet words and promisses to be elicted and when it's done they do the inverse...Few things nobody talks about the supposed Most Beautifull Capital in the World :
Poeple are getting really poorer every day, in Paris you can see some old poeple begging (horrible thing to see), they leave the country side for cities.
The unemployed persons, more and more numerous, are crossed off with the statistics for any reason, it helps the state to have better results, and allow them to stop giving social money to the crossed ones, famillies or not.
Gouvernement (supposed to be on the left wing) accept illegal's money when it's time to pay taxes but refuse to legalise them. Instead they send them back by charters and each time they do it, PIGS recieve points to use as a gift for their future travels by plane...Children are taken by cops during school for transit places before being sent back to their country.
They put some chimicals into trashes to be sure nobody can have something for free, and co many extremely violent nazi agressions.
European Court condamned France because of the awfull conditions prisonners have to support in jail : http://www.humanityinaction.org/knowledgebase/368-prison-reform-addressing-overcrowding-in-french-prisons ... and so many and many corrupted poeple assuming it so easily.

And by evicting our squat, poeple who founded some peace and support will go back to their sordid reality. There's this guy Tony, 24 years old, never knew his parents and we are his family. His girlfriend was pregnent, he came to live with us. Because the only way possible for him to pay the very expensive price to provide her a safety (so fucking small) place for her and the baby, was to be separated...

Sorry for this so long answer, if you need links to illustrate my talkings, I can send you so many examples.
I'm very sad to be far away from them, all the poeple should have the right to live with dignity and respect.

Squat the World, Smash the States...(and sorry for my certainly bad english, french are very bad in languages except their, and that's wellknown ;) )

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
I think, considering the language gap, you express yourself clearly enough. Hell, better than a lot of native speakers I've known. LOL.

That aside, I will look at every link you send me. I am a University Student in the States. as well as an ex-trainhopper, squatter, hitchhiker, etc. and I am doing research, and working toward beginning a nonprofit organization that both advocates and provides services specifically catered toward the community of travelers that I have come to refer to as "The Houseless". I am very interested in learning about stuff like this, and will utilize as many sources and examples as I can gather. The more I have the better the argument.

My prayers are with you and your extended family. I hope you all can find a safe place soon.

Thorne

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
SHity deal..Paris is such an amazing city. I wish I had more time to spend there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads