Back pack being stupid

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Okay, so my backpack has been like this for a while now, but I finally got annoyed and decided to try and fix it, but I have no idea how... the top pouch is way too much to the front, leaving my main pouch exposed to rain etc. But the adjustment straps are as tight as can be. Both front and back (front is loose though, its not pulling the whole thing down). Do you guys see anything off in this picture, by any chance?

8678f55.jpg

K

Kim Chee

Not sure what is going on, overstuffed?

Poorly designed? Is it a factory 2nd?

Did you look at the reviews of this backpack and see if others mention the same thing?

K

kokomojoe

I would cut the excess middle starp into a few shorter pieces and stitch it so that it will keep it covered while also tightening the gap.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
I read the reviews of my pack on the website of the company, and no one mentionned it. Thats why I was wondering if those straps were supposed to go trough somewhere, or idk, before clipping into the top bag?

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Maybe there's some material that's getting caught underneath the lid? Only thing I can suggest is taking the bottom part of the middle clip off and sewing it in a lower spot but that seems kinda impossible because of the frame. The lid isn't really meant to keep rain out its like that so you can tuck a bedroll or similar under it that's why there's a gap to provide space for the object its holding down.

If your trying to keep rain out try a rain cover they make them generally unversal sizes depending on the size of your pack.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
The lid isn't really meant to keep rain out its like that so you can tuck a bedroll or similar under it that's why there's a gap to provide space for the object its holding down.

I know, but I'd rather have some semi-waterproof material on top of my bag, instead of a hole that leads directly to the inside of my bag... :/

K

Kim Chee

Fuck it.

Cut the straps and sew them further back on the lid and use seam sealer.

Take it to a place which does alterations using a sewing machine and ask them to use heavy duty nylon thread.

• Useful
Reactions: WanderLost Radical

Art101

Reaction score
You can try a surplus store.I have been seeing camo pattern pack covers.Last time I saw one it was about 9 Bucks online...Shoot it with some ScotchGuard and your good to go.Im not exactly recommending this,but,you could always find a wheel cover off a jeep...Would make a good pack cover up.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads