News & Blogs Are you a super recognizer?

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Try the test, see how you do. I only managed 11 out of 14. Click the green "new online test" button to go to test.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/are-yo...html?soc_src=unv-sh&soc_trk=fb&fb_ref=Default

Are You a Super Recognizer? Test Tells If You’re One of Elite Few Who Never Forgets a Face
Korin MillerJune 16, 2015

121a5759c7431ad8f6ebc9bf9a19041023c3d6cf.png

Never forget a face? There’s a chance you might be part of a tiny segment of the population known as “super recognizers.” (Photo: University of Greenwich)

Super recognizers have an “exceptional” ability to recognize faces and can often recognize a person years after catching just a fleeting glimpse of their face, says super recognizer expert Josh P. Davis, Ph.D., a senior lecturer of psychology at the U.K.’s University of Greenwich.

But they’re not easy to find: Davis tells Yahoo Health that super recognizers make up “probably less than one percent of the population.”

new online test to help people determine whether they have this extraordinary ability. The test, which takes five minutes to complete, involves looking at different faces for eight seconds before trying to ID a face in a lineup of eight. People who score above a 10 on the test may be a super recognizer.

Super recognizers are currently used in the London police department to help identify criminals in often-fuzzy CCTV footage, Davis says, and he’s hoping his test will help him find more so that he and his team and further investigate the phenomenon.

While scientists have been able to track down and study some super recognizers, there are still a lot of unanswered questions around them.

K

Kim Chee

This ability has enabled me to spot people who have been kicked out of nightclubs and snuck back in or who have been lifetime banned. I see a face, you're done, I don't need a camera:)

So...who is willing to pay for this absolutely amazing ability?

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Saw this on reddit a few days ago and took it. Missed one and got some page about taking another test but I passed. I was only curious. No interest in being some professional witness. :-D

Reactions: wizehop

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I scored a 9 but I'm also using a shitty outdated smart phone. Just the other day I ran into a guy I hadn't seen in years and remember his name and everything. Actually been doin this a lot now that I'm back on my home turf. Seein lotsa familiar faces.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads