Anyone been to Quito, Ecuador?

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Hey, friends. @nomadman and I are going to be heading to Quito, Ecuador sometime soon. I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had been there and had suggestions on things to do and see. I'm always interested in the local music and art scene but really any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

If not, be on the lookout for photos on StP once we get back!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I was there a couple years back, only spent 4-5 days there...unfortunately didn't really do anything amazing other than visiting the equator. If your in that part of the world all I can say is COLOMBIA!!!!!!

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
COCAINE!!!!

ahahahha ya def good cocaine there, but a million other good things to. If you wake it Colombia way @MolotovMocktail hit me up. Ill fill you in on some sickness...

Aaannnd if you want to make a few extra bucks I need a package brought to the US...

Taylor Werner

Reaction score
I'm about to be in Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru with my kiddo, age 7. We're mostly going to WWOOF I think. No cocaine for us. ;) But I've heard that Medellin (where we're flying in since it's so dang cheap) is WAY mo betta than Bogota. To tell you the truth, though, the urban centers don't appeal to me for any more than their community organizing/busking/anarchistic features. I'm most interested in finding myself (ourselves) in the least familiar setting possible.

I'd love to stay in touch and compare notes, y'all that'll be down there. Maybe we could get together. And I'm totally receptive to any input any of you have.

Taylor Werner

Reaction score
Touching base - We're working on a farm for sleeping and eating, roughly 2 hours north of Quito. It's fantastic, and I'm learning Spanish muy rapido, but I'm also passionately in Love with the English language - I read and write in it in all my free time - and the only person I have to converse with in English is my nearly 8 year old. Don't get the wrong idea, the kid has a vocabulary that surpasses what most native English speakers ever achieve. But still.

Anyone in Ecuador? Going to be soon? Peru?

Reactions: marmar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads