Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, to be honest, that's a piece of junk.

what's your price range? you can pick up the first model of the nexus 7 used for around 100-120 pounds:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00923G46U/

the nexus 7 is pretty much the best tablet you can get for the money right now. anything under 100 pounds is going to be useless junk.

the tablet you linked to is running gingerbread android os 2.2, which is fucking ancient. also, it probably has very little RAM, which is going to make all your apps run like shit. i'd be willing to bet the battery life is terrible as well.

the only other alternative would be to get a barnes and noble nook color. i just picked one up for 60 bucks in the states, and flashed cyanogenmod on it to turn it from a book reader into a full android tablet.

that's about as close as you'll get for the price to a good tablet, but i'd spend the extra 30-50 bucks to get something you'll actually like using (the nexus 7).

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, that tablet you linked to will definitely not have what's called 'usb host' support, which is what you need if you want to connect your camera and upload pictures to the internet with the tablet.

again, the nexus 7 has usb host support, but you'll need a special usb cable for it (about 5 bucks i think).

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads