American Nomads (Documentary)

Batsy

Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
American Nomads (Documentary)

Heres a link to one of my favorite documentaries.

It follows a retired traveler going on a road trip and interviewing a wide variety of travelers that he meets along the way. From crust punks, train hoppers, and hitchhikers, to rodeo cowboys, retired RVers, boondockers, a traveling preacher, and more. This documentary is a great look at the various subcultures that make up the greater traveler culture in the US. Definitely worth a good watch.

roguetrader

Reaction score
American Nomads was originally a book, which explored the themes of the documentary much deeper - I highly recommend it... in fact, in my humble opinion EVERYTHING that Richard Grant has written is worth reading... his books are a mix of travel / ethnography / social history - and he really puts himself on the front line ! for example in God's Middle Finger he heads into the Sierra Madre mountains of Mexico and encounters some pretty dangerous cartel type characters...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads