Almost Died

Trvshwvng

Reaction score
Aye, the man unmasked!

Everything is fine, yes she is back in Boston and recovering - about to start physical therapy so everyone knows. As for me I took a two week trek on the southeastern rails exploring this and that as sort of a meditation on life. As of now im headed to Jackson TN to see a family member who is about to undergo a pretty touchy surgery. I have deemed 2015 to be the Year of Endless Waiting Rooms. Perhaps the second half of this year will balance out as the universe has unceasingly granted me little room for travel each time I set out. There's been a silver lining to every situation thus far, no matter how stressful and for that im pretty fucking thankful. Especially with the help of some more unnamed StPers... I have been able to pull through with the help of the community. So for that I thank you!

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
As of now im headed to Jackson TN to see a family member who is about to undergo a pretty touchy surgery.

Weird...I too have relatives in Jackson, TN.

Talk about BFE! At least it was last time I was there, which, admittedly, was about 30 years ago, so it might have changed by now.

Anyway...small world. Safe travels...

Trvshwvng

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Jackson is metropolitan now! Coulda rode freight here from Chattanooga, Birmingham, through tupelo and finally Jackson but woulda taken forever so I bused my way over. Saw my grandfather yesterday, he didn't even hardly recognize me and kept talking off the wall shit. One of those things where if the doctors operate he will most likely die and if not he'll eventually die anyway. Idk man this year is just really out there.

Trvshwvng

Reaction score
Yep as of the mid-2000s.

Parker Free

Reaction score
Website
coffeewitholiver.com
You guys who hop trains are so much more ballsy than I am! I fell off a little ladder and broke all three ankle bones so my foot was just hanging there. I really can't imagine how fucked up I'd get myself trying to catch a moving train....REALLY glad your wife made it through as well as she did, although...OUCH! Hope she's doing well and feeling good now.

Reactions: juliesunshine

juliesunshine

Reaction score
I hope all is going well with recovery and PT. glad

2015 hasn't been my year either, I've had 3 surgeries for broken bones, all including plates and screws of all sorts. All for stupid stuff! Slipping on some ice, falling off a bridge, I feel you @Parker Free. One of the injuries was my ankle.

This story really sobered me up even more, at the mortality of life. For someone as accident prone as me, definitely staying off the rails.

Safe travels from here on out

P

PegLegRon

As a guy who has been bit once, I have to say damn she is lucky to still have all limbs and be alive, when I got bit a single wheel ran over my foot, of course I didn't learn my lesson and continued to ride till 2013. As I've gotten older I am glad I no longer ride but I wouldn't trade those days for anything. keep safe and happy travels man.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads