About to be a Prius dweller.

up2eleven

Reaction score
Once upon a time I was a road hippie. Hitched around and went to Rainbow Gatherings, busked, and it was the best time of my life. For 35+ years I've stuffed the real me way down deep and been fucking miserable. I'm abandoning that and hitting the road again, this time with a car. Preparing for this is the first moment of actual joy that I've known for a long, long time. I know it's gonna be a tough adjustment, but I have two options: keep trying to live in a way that I'm simply not wired for and makes me want to take myself out, or face the scary but exciting path of letting my real self resurface and break these fucking chains.
I have a lot to learn and re-learn, but I'm here for it. I had stopped playing guitar, writing songs, spending time in nature, etc., and spent all my time wasting away in front of a screen. I'm ready to see sunsets, sunrises, stars, clouds, mountains, oceans, forests, and so much more again. Shit, I might even get myself to a Gathering. Done being a drone. Time to regain my humanity.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I lived in my Prius for a few years off and on and I definitely miss how cheap it was to travel that way!

Reactions: up2eleven

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads