a shout out from southern Alberta.

M

mittens

I just logged onto this site for the first time last night, and I would actually be willing to say that I'm fucking enjoying it. It's sweat dudes. Thank you.

But hey whats up, eh. As you can probably tell, I'm from Canada. Western Canada to be more specific, and Lethbridge, AB, CA to be more specific then that. I'm currently living out what "some" would call the American Dream. That basically means that, some other dude makes a lot of money, because I work my fucking ass off. Dude, I'm not even American. Why am i living someone else's Dream? Do you see how fucked up shit is?

Now I'm kind of at a cross roads here. when i stop and look back i have to say WTF dude. i just wasted the past 5 years that could of been the best years of my life. And, when I look a head I see the Opportunity to make things right. I also see the path where i just kind of keep going in my current direction, and that path just sucks.

I'm Starting to realize that life is to short to just let it drift by in a sleepy daze. You actually have to go out and experience it. Live a little, you know? I'll be hitting the road at the end of the month. and we'll see where life takes me form there, I guess.

Thanks for reading my post, dudes.

cricketonthemove

Reaction score
Welcome man! Which direction you headed when you hit the road and how're you travelling? I'm in Ontario and heading out to the east coast in a week or so with a buddy who's also on here. If you're comin out that way we should meet up, grab a beer!

safe travels.

M

mittens

I will be headed east too. If i make it out that far i could definitely go for a beer. now as far as plans go i wont truly know whats going on until the morning i leave, but I've never be farther east the Yorkton, SK. so I'm planning to take my time. how long are you planning to stay on the east coast?

Like i said plans change. I talked to my room mate today and it sounds like i will be able to stay for an extra month. with an extra pay check or two i wont have any bills to worry about. so... i guess I will be catching a train out of Alberta around the middle or end of sept. I don't have any experience riding the rails so if i don't find any one traveling east through Southern Alberta at around that time, I will probably hitch a ride.

cricketonthemove

Reaction score
Right on. I have no idea how long I'll be around there. Spent the winter in BC last year so maybe I'll shack up and spend the winter on the east coast this year. Like you said, 'plans change'. My family is from Ontario so if nothing else I'll wind up back here. It starts getting pretty cold in Northern Ontario and Manitoba (mainly at night) around the start of September. Had a frost while in Sudbury on labour day weekend last year. Was up to Thunder bay about a week ago but we had to turn back because of unforseen circumstances and it got pretty fuckin cold a few nights on the way. If you're heading out then be ready for any kind of weather up there man, but it's a fun trip so yeah, take your time and enjoy it!! Keep in touch if you make it all the way. First beer's on me.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
YA Northern Ontario can get cold at night even around this time. If you want to hit the road you just have to do it cause shit always comes up.

M

mittens

I don't mind the cold that much. It certainly wouldn't stop me from traveling. The good thing about cold weather is that you can dress for it. although a night on cold steel at 70 kph might change my tune pretty fucking quick.

Hey WH. I see you found me. I figured that chances are no one has ever heard of my home town of Innisfail, so i chose an other name. I know Mittens sounds kind of stupid, but I don't really care. If I took myself that seriously i would have shot my self years ago.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads