$40/mo phone plan, truly unlimited data, with Visible (Verizon) | Squat the Planet

$40/mo phone plan, truly unlimited data, with Visible (Verizon)

NewMexicoJim

High mileage, good condition.
Reaction score
Visible offers unlimited calls, text and data with no data restrictions for $40/mo including tax and fees. It uses Verizon network so coverage is great. I used 23 gigs last month. Customer service is online only. My first Sim card didn't work but they sent a new one which did. Great value for the money.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I tried Visible, mostly for the reasons you listed, but they only allow an extremely small selection of phones to be used. Mostly flagship stuff like Samsung S10, iPhone X, etc. I purchased a sim card anyways, figuring it would still work on my Samsung Note 8 (not an inexpensive phone by the way) but no luck, even when I lied and said it was an iPhone, the tech support agent I talked to couldn't get the sim card to activate.

so, @NewMexicoJim I'm glad it's working for you, the data must be great. I just thought I'd share my (somewhat) negative experience so folks are aware of the limitations.

NewMexicoJim

High mileage, good condition.
Reaction score
I did have hell getting it to activate on my Pixel 3a. The SIM card they sent didn't work and the online help was no help at all. I persisted until the problem was escalated to the highest level and was rewarded with a new SIM in the mail which worked. I've had no problems since and really like the fact that they don't throttle as I have a habit of consuming huge amounts of data. I hotspot the phone to use my laptop and can update, watch video, read and research to my heart's content.

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I did have hell getting it to activate on my Pixel 3a. The SIM card they sent didn't work and the online help was no help at all. I persisted until the problem was escalated to the highest level and was rewarded with a new SIM in the mail which worked. I've had no problems since and really like the fact that they don't throttle as I have a habit of consuming huge amounts of data. I hotspot the phone to use my laptop and can update, watch video, read and research to my heart's content.

nice, i like mint mobile for being so cheap (i'm currently paying $11/mo for 8gb of data) but would kill to have truly unlimited data, especially for $40/mo.

interestingly, I just got a pixel 3 xl, maybe when my mint contract runs out i'll give visible another go.

Reactions: NewMexicoJim

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I have at&t its like 50 a month unlimited everything. I was happy to walk into the store and walk out with a working phone for about $100. Kinda limited on what phones you can use for their pre paid plans tho.
I noticed with verizon they will give special rates for a limited time and the plan grandfather's up until you change your phone.

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads