You can't change the system through the system (OCCUPY?)

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
The problem with America right now is complacency. As long as people have full bellies and television, they won't get off of their asses to do anything about the world collapsing around them. Until they're destitute, their drinking water is dangerous, and their millions of sets of lungs are acting as filters for the air (think China) they will not fight for change. By then it will be too late.

Reactions: Mankini

p4r4d0x

Reaction score
The American People have become lazy and passive as fuck about politics in their country. Almost absolutely uninvolved.

We're talking about politicians here with absolutely no accountability whatsoever for their corrupted practices and actions against the self-interest of the American People.

I remember when I was a very young man my great grand parents would listen to political talk radio all the time and I'd ask them why they listened to it constantly and how I thought it was boring.
They replied with how it was their civic duty, their responsibility to be politically involved for not only the well being of the country but for future generations.
Power corrupts.

Nowaday most people seem more selfish. Most places are less of a community and more like just groups of strangers living next to each other.

Interesting times we live in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I wrote this essay in response to my occupy, who were attempting to use the government against the corporations, so the point was mostly to downplay that approach and bring about new ones, that wouldn't aid any enemy. Yeah, though. It seems that people are more worried about their comfort, then the lives of those they can't see. I've yet to find a way to combat this, besides showing people better, cheaper, less heinous alternatives, which are rare. demarketing is a nice strategy, as is subvertising.

With government, I would just suggest quitting one's job, so you can stop paying taxes, and then starting self sustainable communes, with apt defense, and getting your message out. Showing people how positive life could be would be necessary, since most everyone is an egoist, whether they admit it or not. We'll just undermine the gov, staying in "the shadows" until we have a majority. I realize this will take years, but it's possible, in my opinion.
Good points!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads