Worst traveler freakout you've seen?

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
i have an inordinate ammount of freakout stories, was kind of expecting someone to post one. :p all of them involve being strung out on heroin or being way too high on other drugs. drugs + traveling DO NOT MIX.

heres an old one...
was in NYC in 07 when I first started traveling. Basically living in TSP. On the fourth of july I got in a fight with this guy I liked and got really drunk. started raging down ave A, climbed on top of a taxi at 7th and A and refused to get down until three police cruisers pulled up. amazingly didnt get arrested. ended up laying on some matress outside some bar screaming at the sky, two yuppie chicks gave me 40 dollars because they thought I was 'funny.' Continued bombing down the street shouldr checking people and screaming at them, some guy took me out to dinner and bought me macaroni and cheese. ended up meeting two european lesbians who were making some documentary about travelers, they took me to mars bar and bought me shots of jaeger and filmed me until i blacked out. woke up under the 9th street scaffolding with 50 dollars in my pocket, so it ended up being a pretty good night. But I was covered in bruises and my knuckles were skinned to the bone almost, blood all over my arms, no idea how that happened.

another freakout, also in Tompkins afew years later. I was working on my bike and two kids I know were talking shit about my ex Joel, we were dating at the time so I defended him and told them to shut up, etc. When I tried to walk away one of the kids threw a white box of food at me. I still had a wrench in my hand and ran at him, jumping on his back and hitting him in the head with it (bitch move, i deserved this next part.) He flipped me over and slammed me on the ground then basically sat on me and held me down while I tried to wrestle away from him. Some random mexican guy broke us up.

It was extremely common when I was on dope for me to get too high, get hella irritated for no reason, and either blow up at people or ditch them for no fucking reason. I've also spent alot of time running around san francisco screaming at yuppies and sometimes invisible people (yay methamphetamines!)

A recent one. I was in NOLA about a month after halloween. These kids had just ripped me off when i was trying to buy dope from them, it was only ten bucks but I was going through some shit with my dad being sick and was having a generally terrible time in New Orleans. I went to my friends house and he gave me some packets of ramen. I left to go to Hanks to get a beer. There were like fifty traveling kids sitting outside so I became more irritated because I still needed to spange. I went in to check the prices on the cheepest beer there then walked outside to go panhandle at the shell. As I walked out one of the dudes who worked there ran after me, grabbed me, and brought me back inside. I got accused of stealing the packet of ramen in my pocket. Already being very upset, dope sick, and not being the kind of asshole who would steal from Hanks I started crying and telling him over and over to check the camera. He eventually let me leave cuz he knew he was wrong. One of the many kids outside asked me what happened and I flipped my shit, telling him that what happened was "a bunch of dumb ass oogles like you are fucking up this neighborhood and blowing up every spot in the fucking city , pissing off the locals and making it hard on the kids who actually live here." And a bunch of other dumb, accusatory shit. I don't live in Nola, I was just being an asshole.

yeah. now that ive been clean for a little while i realise i was a heinous bitch the whole time i was strung out, which was pretty much the entire time i was traveling. i would go from place to place, basically junk touring. no fun.

Nelco

Reaction score
so many stories..ones about ditching people....sneaking in a place of business to sleep...almost getting aressted for being on the "wrong side of the bridge" in gulf shores alabama..stories with guns....stepping off a two story building..trying to out run scary cocaine dealers because they thought i was out to get them or something..almost being drowned by this guy..

Nelco

Reaction score
I was excellent at finding insane ppl
I was a sucker for the misunderstood folks...
now i'm just an asshole to them if they don't get away from me

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I lived in a 400 acre forest park here in wichita ks for 3 weeks at one time. Now this place is a city park, meaning you know ppl other than myself, and theyre kids, and pets, and what not, come along walking through it all the time.
So lets stop and put ourself in the average mind of the average ignorant city folk. Here they are in this pristeen lil community with a nice thick wooded park to walk around in in their offtime. How would they feel if there was a crazy fuckin dirty homeless guy living in their perfect little world?
This was always in my mind... especially since my main camp was about 50ish feet from one of the trails, and old trail, but none the less that trail saw about 1 to 10 ppl on it every day or 2.
Anyways so back then i smoked a lotta dope. And drank a lotta beer.

As the days grew into weeks i developed a very real case of paranoia. For some god damned reason there was always a plane flying directly above me, and flying low, whenever i was high or trippin on shit. I would always fucking see hikers pop the fuck outta nowhere whenever i was high or on shit. Id always here the sirens of cops and ems out in the city.

I think my greatest freakout though was one night i tripped damned hard on a double dose of 2ci (synthetic hallucinogen). well i woke up in the morning to 9 deer standing around my camp. im assuming they were deer anyways i could barely make out their shape. well i was sleeping beneath a bunch of pine trees. so i go to stand up, and run directly into a branch, and just like all the other branches on all the other trees in that area, it was completely covered in crows. or ravens. fucking some kind of bird. and immediately here i am trippin my ass off, aswirl in a fucking tornado of birds and branches and thorns and intense visuals..... i dk who was more freaked out, me or the animals. hahahaha

acrata4ever

Reaction score
I didn't quite get you, but if its about squatting... its a sad story...
Squatting in Netherlands was banned in 2009.12.01, from 2010.01.01 its a criminal offense thath can lead for upto 3 years of imprisonment :)
in 05 i got sick of managing a hostel and considered buying a bakfeits putting a hinged lid on and sleeping in that.

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
in 05 i got sick of managing a hostel and considered buying a bakfeits putting a hinged lid on and sleeping in that.

Oh the irony... i practically never rode a bike in Netherlands thrue the whole years, cause i was shitfaced 24//7 and all my atempts would end up in injuries. I still have scars ...

acrata4ever

Reaction score
yeah i quit drinkin awhile back. but i had work as a private garbage man and doing handy man work. and was always carrying shit from gamma. oh and hostel groceries. so i was thinking fuck the bed and exploitation. and just do deliveries repairs and trash oh and night guard duty. i had to sleep in the vestibule on a bunk because the drunks would forget the code and start breaking the door down. i had to fix the lock once a week. my guard duty consisted of kicking out stowaways on the roof fire escape basement. it was a bitch. i ran it as a collective. but then the others turned on me when they found out i got paid for working 70+ hours a week. and picking up their slack. it sucked but i love hotel work.

Reaction score
===

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads