Washinton coast

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
I’ve been searching this site several days now. This is a VERY cool place! That map download is amazing. Thanks Widerstand.

About me. During the 80’s I worked in the Alaska fish canneries in the summers. I’d make enough to live and travel the rest of the year, mostly based out of Seattle and mostly riding the old BN. I got as far south as Sacramento a couple times on the UP down the back side through K Falls. BN was really friendly back then.

In the 90’s I put down roots on the old family farm where I could be my own boss. It’s worked out pretty well, except it keeps me busy during the warm months. Now I do most of my traveling in the winter when you’d freeze your ass off on a train.

Still I need to get back into it. I can’t see a freight without checking it for good rides. I’m going to be lurking here for a couple months to get current again, especially about yard security which has changed a lot. Also how to catch a safe ride on the newer style rolling stock.

Maybe come springtime I’ll see some of you folks out on the road. Stay warm!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Welcome to the site! If you think of any stories about riding the old BN we'd love to hear them, something that some of us newer riders sadly didn't get to enjoy..

Anyway - welcome and have fun!

a_politikill

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, David. My name is Mike. I'm currently in Seattle, and I plan on hopping out of here in the spring time, so we just might cross paths one day. I'm not exactly sure when I'm going, or who I'll be going with, but you're welcome to join me if you'd like. Either way, happy travels.

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
OK I get it. This place is like a cyber-jungle. You come up to the fire and drink the coffee you'd better be ready to tell a story ;)
That's cool. I'm not much of a writer, but I'll to get something up in the next couple days.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads