Vortec Engines | Squat the Planet

Vortec Engines

ApiCutter

Reaction score
Im no mechanic. I can make a van livable (ive built some mobile medical units at a past job), but Im just curious what you guys know about these engines. I keep hearing shit like "it has 250k miles but its ready to do another 250!" That sounds fuckin high.

ThrashAndBurn

Reaction score
Their pretty good engines they are pretty common so easy to get parts and fix. you have to ask them what kinda of driving they did with it. it it's 250k miles of mostly highway thats fine it's stop and go city miles that kill engines.

P

Pheonix

I have a V6 vortex engine in the Chevy Astro I'm about to get it has like 110,000 and I've already seen it go from OH to OK then drag a heavy trailer to CA and now it's going back to OH. If it blows up on the road I'll let you know.

ApiCutter

Reaction score
Haha, good luck.

I just bought a 92 Chevy with 56000 miles, dude kept it in his garage, drove it 4000 miles since he bought it 6 years ago. Its in fuckin pristine shape. Im working on the interior part of it now. Getting some deep cells and I might pick up a RV Fridge, they use a hell of allot less energy. Since I allready have a portable generator, I might go a little deeper and get solar. But thats if I decide to take up space with a fridge.

but thats more if I plan to keep the thing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads