tent groundcloth/footprint used by itself as a shelter?? | Squat the Planet

tent groundcloth/footprint used by itself as a shelter??

W

winnie

my brotha sent me some camping gear the other day and one of the things he sent was a vista tent footprint which i guess is a groundcloth for a pretty big tent. but their wasnt the tent part. so i think he meant for me to use it as a shelter. like a tarp except its a more lightweight material. i was wondering if anybody had any experience with these or if you think that you cant use it as a shelter and he might be sending me the tent at a later date or wants me to buy it or something. i would ask him but i have no idea how to contact him. i researched online and couldnt find anything, hopefully somebody know!.....http://www.besttentsusa.com/tent-footprints-black-diamond-vista-footprint-one-color-one-size/ pretty sure this is what he sent me.

Unslap

Reaction score
If its waterproof then you can wrap yourself in it. Lots of people do that

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
If its made outta sil-nylon then your gonna want to rig it up off of you like any other trap shelter. Sil-nylon will get you slightly wet if it sits up against your body.

Poly tarps on the other hand are great for makin human burritos.

Rambing Roots

Reaction score
looks like it would be perfect to use as a shelter, just run a guy line and rig it as a lean-to between two trees or in any configuration your heart desires

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads