Spacescum | Squat the Planet

Spacescum

Spacescum

Reaction score
Hi I am multi media artist living in Canada and i just quit my job an hour ago ( never felt better ) Iv decided to branch into film making and particularly nomad video documentation of myself so I have purchased a laptop and go pro and have started a list/plan for an epic backpack adventure from Toronto to Victoria bc (Canada's Cali) and record my travels. I'm located in southern Ontario and have to wait until spring, hopefully April 1st when the weather is warm enough for my dog (short hair). I have created a list of camping gear I will need for my travels and also a list of what I already have I was hoping some veterans could take a list and give me there opinions so I may be fully prepared April 1st, as I am selling all of my collected (junk) - burning my lease and committing 100%.

I will post a list of wants/needs and what I already own crossed off as well as a picture of my dog for all your road dawg lovers

Not sure how this website/ap works or if anyone will even see this but here it goes lol

Also I can't post links in my first 2 posts but I will post links to my profile if anyone would like to look at my photography or music etc. thanks ! :)
IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Squat the Planet Mobile

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Epic, man! Welcome!

Best of luck preparing for your journey and I hope your feet don't get too itchy waiting for your April departure!

Really awesome idea to document stuff on film. I've got the skills and stuff to do that but I'm lazy as all hell! I do keep photojournals, though.

Are you planning on hitchhiking? Walking?

Spacescum

Reaction score
Thank you :) I appreciate the feedback
I will be Walking/hitchhiking, and that's awesome do you have a portfolio online where I can check out your work? / Any suggestions regarding my list?

Sent from my iPhone using Squat the Planet Mobile

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Yeah!
Ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com has my more longform writing with photos and https://www.instagram.com/hxctravels/ is my daily photo journal kind of thing :)
Would be cool to check out your stuff too! Do post some links when you get a chance!

Yeah you absolutely seem like you've got pretty much everything covered in your list! It's pretty much up to you how much/little you want to carry. Half my packs weight comes from my phone, battery pack, camera, speakers, iPod and chargers, which is a lot of stuff I don't necessarily need but really like to have! Hah. Bears are probably your biggest worry out there, I'm sure you know :p so just gotta make sure your prepared with bear spray and probably some rope to hang your food from trees at night and you're good to go. And yeah just any extra stuff your lil furry pal might need :)

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Firstoff, welcome to StP. Sounds like you have a good adventure and a journey of personal growth planned. Best of luck to you.
PS.
when you get to Victoria,thumb out to Sooke and check out sombrio beach. Beautiful areas. Plus I may have a couch available if you are in those areas, as I am nearby

Spacescum

Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate your insight very helpful !
I added you on Instagram, super cool locations and great photos. I will update my bio now with all my links. Bears are definitely a main concern as you pointed out. A smell proof sack with anything smelly in it hung up should avoid detection, my dog has a nice loud bark but hopefully we avoid anything dangerous like that altogether lol If your ever in the area shoot me a dm :)

Reactions: Koala

Spacescum

Reaction score
Firstoff, welcome to StP. Sounds like you have a good adventure and a journey of personal growth planned. Best of luck to you.
PS.
when you get to Victoria,thumb out to Sooke and check out sombrio beach. Beautiful areas. Plus I may have a couch available if you are in those areas, as I am nearby

Thank-you for the warm welcoming and location advice. I will definitely check out Sombrio beach and add it to my destinations list. Feel free to check out my channel and watch the journey get closer to home :) ill shoot you a message if I stay on course and arrive in Sombrio Area, once again thanks for the heads up!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads