Skateboarding | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Skateboarding

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thread title fixed... missing R

Wish I had kept skateboarding past the age of 12...

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Mqybe I didnt give skateboard enough of a chance, but for me, longboard is much better for travelling. I mean... skateboards are sick for making tricks and stuff, but when it comes to cruising, hit a rock or a crack, and you'll be sent flying right off... maybe it's less of a concern in the states, but in Canada, the roads are shit, so it definitely falls into your priorities...

Reaction score
Website
tofo.me
Anyone got an opinion on those Elos boards?
They’re short, shaped somewhat like an egg. Stability is added by the width. And they’ve got longboard wheels on em.

I was looking for a cheap, (under $150 for the whole setup) lightweight longboard for me and my pack. I’ve got a nice fitting Gregory pack, and it and the gear inside never exceed 20 lb.
Anyone wanna take a *guess* if this thing is balanced enough for that? I’m 5’11”

The board itself weighs 4lb 4 oz for the Classic. And 4lb for the 2018 Lightweight version.
It’s got a nice handle on it, and can potentially be stowed away between your back and pack.

The’ve got factory outlet ones right now for $90. (I’m guessing these are maybe all the Classic version. It doesn’t specify. Supposedly the new one has improved cruising, though I’m not sure what exactly they did to tweak that)

Any *opinion* on how this thing would ride for me would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
tofo.me
Jake Freed attempted cross country long boarding last year. Originally planning on over 8,000 miles, to beat the 2008 record holder. His body wouldn’t take it in the end.

According to an NPR article, he was averaging 50 miles/day, which took him 12 to 14 hours, and was carrying a 40 lb pack.

You can find him on Instagram as FollowFreed. Lotsa short videos, since these were part of the Guinness Record requirements.

picturedstones

Reaction score
Jake Freed attempted cross country long boarding last year. Originally planning on over 8,000 miles, to beat the 2008 record holder. His body wouldn’t take it in the end.

According to an NPR article, he was averaging 50 miles/day, which took him 12 to 14 hours, and was carrying a 40 lb pack.

You can find him on Instagram as FollowFreed. Lotsa short videos, since these were part of the Guinness Record requirements.
Erick Winkowski skated over 2,000 miles on a normal board while only eating Chef Boyardee Ravioli, not going for a record or anything, just felt like it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads