Photos - Shoes | Squat the Planet

Photos Shoes

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
My Converse Chucks after three weeks in Brighton:

chucks1.jpg

Those shoes were as good as new as I started my trip.

chucks2.jpg

But after three weeks of spending time at the beach, sitting on the ground a lot and walking quite a few miles they got really worn out. Left shoe got a huge hole burned by some glowing piece of wood at a campfire.

The other (more comfortable) pair of shoes I had with me:

vans.jpg

The right one fell apart in London, had to fix it with tape.

So note to myself: for the next trip get better, robust shoes.

angerisagift

Reaction score
My Converse Chucks after three weeks in Brighton:

View attachment 23652

Those shoes were as good as new as I started my trip.

View attachment 23653
But after three weeks of spending time at the beach, sitting on the ground a lot and walking quite a few miles they got really worn out. Left shoe got a huge hole burned by some glowing piece of wood at a campfire.

The other (more comfortable) pair of shoes I had with me:

View attachment 23654
The right one fell apart in London, had to fix it with tape.

So note to myself: for the next trip get better, robust shoes.
get some quality boots #functionoverfashion

E

etpyh

Converse Chucks and those vans are ridiculously overpriced for the poor quality they offer. Both companies have some good (skate) shoes, but I don't understand the hype around the chucks and the authentics (?).

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've been wearing chucks for close to 50 years, give or take, I don't wear anything else, except redwing boots!
The chucks being the main stay now, due to screws in my ankle, anything else will cause my eyes to roll back into my head, from the pain! Tried other shoes, to work in, but a few miles later, I'm adjusting the right shoe, & in pain!
The pair I have now is at least 6 months old and still intact !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anagor

Peace

Reaction score
Converse >.<
I used to love them but I stopped buying them after they were bought by Nike.
People over fashion.

Reactions: Anagor
D

Deleted member 2626

Yeahhhh like the first reply put it. To me there's those who wear what works and those who wear what is common. Man get some damn boots if your putting on the miles you say. I got a pair of 60 dollar military boots at a flea market on Kentucky in December still wearing them now, hitching and all the shit I did in between then and now, hiking roofing, masonry, fuck them designer snags. Left a new pair of Rockies at my grandparents for these bombers.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
Converse Chucks and those vans are ridiculously overpriced for the poor quality they offer. Both companies have some good (skate) shoes, but I don't understand the hype around the chucks and the authentics (?).

The Vans are slip ons, authentics have shoelaces afaik. But you're right, in my opinion there is not so much difference between the original Vans (€ 60) and Deichmann look-alikes (€ 10). Not so much difference that would justify the sixfold price anyway.

But I got the Vans and Chucks both on sale, so I didn't pay that much.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
I've been wearing chucks for close to 50 years, give or take, I don't wear anything else, except redwing boots!
The chucks being the main stay now, due to screws in my ankle, anything else will cause my eyes to roll back into my head, from the pain! Tried other shoes, to work in, but a few miles later, I'm adjusting the right shoe, & in pain!
The pair I have now is at least 6 months old and still intact !

For me normally Chucks or other canvas shoes are good for about a year. But during my last trip I sat on the ground with crossed legs all the time, hence the holes at the outsides. And from the hole burned at the inside the canvas ripped more very quickly. Was quite rough for my shoes ...

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
Yeahhhh like the first reply put it. To me there's those who wear what works and those who wear what is common. Man get some damn boots if your putting on the miles you say. I got a pair of 60 dollar military boots at a flea market on Kentucky in December still wearing them now, hitching and all the shit I did in between then and now, hiking roofing, masonry, fuck them designer snags.

In fact I have a pair of military boots (from the time I did my 10 months military service). I only would have to bring them to the cobbler to have them resoled (the material between shoe and sole deteriorated over the time).

But I don't like heavy shoes/boots (edit: esp. in summer) and I don't do a lot of hiking in the wilderness, only walking a lot in cities. So I think I'll get some skate shoes or alike that are more robust. The boots would be an option for winter, though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads