Political Correct-ness

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Fuck political correctness.

People need to get the corn cob out of their ass.

Seems these days some jackass is going to get offended no matter what you say, so to hell with them. I'll shoot straight and they'll get offended or not.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
well its about being polite to a certain level and being a able to respect people and their differences. but people use terms ignorantly and in some cases not even directed to that group of people.

Unfortunately, it's the vernacular. Try to raise the next generation to not share that slang, and it'll die. Everyone's so obsessed with getting the changes they want right now, in their lifetimes. Societies have inertia in the same way a giant boulder does. You can't remove those words from language at your whim.

Is it offensive? Yes. Do you have a right to get up in someone's face about it? Not if it's mine.

mike

JahDucky

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with "gay" or "fag" I only ever really use "gay". But the one word I cannot stand is when people call someone or something "Retarded". It just makes you look like an uber idiot to use that particular word.

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
i say words like fag a lot but im not a homophobe and would never say that to anyone who was gay... i fact i have some gaay freinds who ive had to stand up for quite a few times... i say words like that for different reasons and its usually not derogatory as much as just friends givin each other shit.... reminds me of Cercks2 "I'm takin it back".... but that movie really sucked balls compared to the first one.... kevein smith really when down the drain with the fart jokes

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
What pisses me off is the people who say "female bodied person" or "male bodied person" and all that shit. I hate it when people get offended for saying dude or chick because it's not "P.C." whatever yo. I think it's just a matter of people taking shit WAY to seriously. That's all I have to say about that.

anywhere_but_here

Reaction score
If everybody just smoked a joint and stopped taking themselves so god damned seroiusly the world would be a better place for all. fuck off if you can't handle words. humans just made them up anyways

christa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i've always been against using the word gay or fag in a negative way. there are two "gays' in my family including me and as a teen i remember getting a lot of shit from guys saying that i was either a dyke slut (which they were just mad that their girlfriends would hook up with me) or my brother was a fag. Words like dyke, fag. or gay used negatively just make the person saying them look like a fuckin ignorant redneck. I somtimes will say "hey that's not cool at all" or give body language that shows that I don't approve (like an arched eyebrow) and thats if i feel like putting up a fight but i definitely think people should be respectful especially when talking about a group of people that gets nothing but shit from everyone else. Its not that hard to broaden your vocabulary and just use another word and not be a ass.

Reactions: syrinyx

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
being p.c. is the ultimate paradox! im a mechanic at our local bike co-op in tallahassee and am surrounded by people that are so p.c. they actually make an entire circuit back to bigotry...
for instance we had a "ladies night at the shop for a few months at which only chick mechanics and broke bike broads were allowed to attend. thats cool with me but at our last meeting (for the sake of p.c.dom) i mentioned that having a day dedicated just to females of the sex seemed in and of itself somewhat sexist (if we're truely trying to breakdown the barriers), the guy running the minutes was of the minset that women were weaker and usually intimidated by male mechanics... so the day was necessary. i couldnt stop laughing.
so not sexist youre actually pegging an entire sex as weaker and terrified of men.
im of the feeling that if ladies are uncomfortable being helped by male mechanics that its the the pitfall of the mechanic, but segregation for the sake of feminism sucks and is unnecessary.

DCLXVI

Reaction score
I cannot stand political correctness. I use words like fag or retard, and I'm not going to lie and say a racial slur has never crossed my lips (although rare and situational). I've known homosexuals who say fag/gay more than me, so why should I care about the opinions of liberal zealots? If someone gets offended, that's their problem, because I'm comfortable with my personal positions on those matters. Since when do the punx give a shit about offending anybody? It's bullshit.

... and don't get me started on feminism. I'm all about gender equality and bustin' the ol' boundaries, but my opinions on this subject unceasingly seem to offend PC punx.

Also, stereotypes hold some truth, that's why they exist. It's not wrong unless you believe a stereotype is a constant or set limitation.

nick

Reaction score
Website
lamespace.com
if you're going to piss off one person you're going to piss off a thousand. be touchy around certain people, or don't. p.c is ridiculous, words only mean as much as you want them to mean

Robbie

Reaction score
I Agree that uber pc people piss me off, but there is deff. a line somewhere. I mean if you walk down my block an say Nigger u'd better believe your gunna get fucked up real quick!

your a fag

meaning you ride harly davidson motorcycles

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I always have travelers ask me if I'm PC before they really get to know me. I guess it's pretty important. I'm slowly starting to catch on to what it means, cause the confused the hell out of me the first time. I tend to use your normal level of PC terms, not like your cutting edge radical stuff...because I don't know the terms or am not exposed to all the crowds they apply to. I think in sum, I'm not anal over a choice of words, but I place respect at the top. If out terminology is not meant to oppress, though we know it might, we are not necessarily being mean; but we sure are being inconsiderate.

Reactions: beersalt

Murf

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My personal opinion, being politically correct is for gayfags . I think that any kind of cencorship is just out of the question. Why would one choose to limit theirselfs under a pre-determined not as not to offend? Speak your mind , and speak it right. I mean I can obviously see the need for limiting certain words at certain times , for example you wouldnt call a judge homeboy and slap his hand. Be respectable , try not to offend people , but still if your friends being gay , call him a fag. Too much though gets put into simple things. Just be respectfull and have good thoughts. Youll be fine.

M

Mouse

political correctness is pretty fucking gay in my book.

I dig bad words. I like upsetting people. that's bout it.

I wont go outta my way to offend people but if I feel the need I will bust out the words i know will cut a person deep. Not gonna walk on egg shells thinking I gotta be worried I'm gonna upset someone either. Grow up.

though I do get worried at times if I say stuff about retards or down syndrome and shit if I know the person has kids I've never met. That, I would find to be rude.

never met a gay person that takes personal offense from someone using "gay" in front of them. I don't like uppity fags anyhow so I wouldn't care if they did get upset.

It's all personal pref i guess.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads