Patching a Tarp? | Squat the Planet

Patching a Tarp?

ipoPua

Reaction score
it's not too bad just yet but my house has a few holes in it i should probably fix up. anyone have any tips on materials or even how to do the stitching? all i ever do is a retard's running stitch but i'd like to learn how to do something sturdier

P

Pheonix

I've been patching my tent by putting duct tape over the rip on both sides and sew it together with dental floss then seal up the dental floss stitching with a seam sealer.

ipoPua

Reaction score
i dont have a steam sealer but the rest of that sounds great, thanks man

P

Pheonix

I haven't put the sealer on mine yet and have been through storms and it was just fine, but the duct tape will start to peel off at the ends so I've found it best to stitch close to the outside perimeter of the duct tape patch.

Floater

Reaction score
Website
jackrabbitfreedom.weebly.com
I'm with smellsea, Guerilla glue is awesome! I always try to keep some in my gear, if I can.... especially when my roof is fabric. As far as Pheonix and his dental floss goes, I would have never thought of that... touche` :) I would have started looking for fishing line....since it seems to be everywhere!....okay, maybe not the desert so much, lol. Hope you get/got it fixed. Love, Peace, and Candy Grease!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads