Out of the Woodwork

bryce

Reaction score
Hi Folx,

My name's Bryce, I'm a gardener//urban farmer out of Portland, Oregon. I've been travelling around on and off since last January, been hitch-hiking and sharing rides with friends. I've read StP forums for months, am very impressed by how knowledgeable some folx here are about so many different things! and I've finally decided it's time to introduce myself. Hi everyone! Currently I'm in my hometown of Madison, WI attending to family business-- but hope to leave this semi-arctic climate soon in favor of warmer places.

I would like be able to network through the StP forums, am interested in farming and land projects, specifically those that are not money focused. I also want to do more outdoor living (not through a midwest winter, however), travel (!!) especially with other women-bodied folx, ride trains, and learn enough skill and ingenuity to survive the collapse and lead a fulfilling farm life afterwards... kidding, sortof, but i suspect it's a common desire?

Anyways, here I am and Cheers! I am excited to meet y'all!

<3Bryce

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck!Won't tell you to read the forums,cause that's what brought you out of the woodwork in the first place,but always remember that you can ask just about any question here and get a pretty straight ansewer.

menu

Reaction score
right on Bryce. good to know ya. like oldman said theres a lot of good people on here so feel free to ask away on what you may inquire.

barnaclebones

Reaction score
bryce, i think you and i could be good friends. ive been workin on organic farms in maine for 3 years now, and am lookin for the same kind of company!

i'm actually livin on my sister's property outside ithaca ny... 20 acres of what will someday be a working orchard! not all 20 acres, of course.... but my sister's partner has a helluva nursery of fruit, nut and native trees. big ol' gardens gonna go in gradually over the next few years cuz they're having a baby... but its a nice homesteading excersize for me.

Yay. punx is farmers. let's be friends. :)

Mama Dragon

Reaction score
always exiting to see other farmers!

isn't a strange world we live in, where the people working the land are the people living "alternative" lifestyles? a couple generations ago, farming was what it was all about...

my goal is to overtake and squat an abandoned farm and get it into happy working order.

jonom

Reaction score
always nice to meet another green thumb. welcome to the forum.

bryce

Reaction score
i'm actually livin on my sister's property outside ithaca ny... 20 acres of what will someday be a working orchard!

Sounds amazing! I know someone else working on getting a homestead up and running upstate-- by the finger lakes, I think. I really wanna check out the area, but that won't be for a bit. I'm planning to bunker down this winter West Coast style and not really head out again till it warms up.

up tha punx!!

<3<3

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads