Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ?

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hells yea! we can have sovereign pirate atolls - a bunch of floating junk, wind and tidal power generation, reverse osmoses for fresh water production, non monetary trade system, fishers and hardcore horticulturists . A super squat/coop floating out in the international waters!
An international waypoint for aquatic tramps - Leather tramps = walkers. Rubber tramps = driving tramps. What is an aquatic traveler? A PIRATE! - DUH
I'm making my way slowly but surely tward Charleston, SC where I'm gonna set up my camp and start scouring the marinas and hidden water ways for salvageable boats anyone interested in being in the founding line up get your asses down there, I already have my first mate theres still lots or crew positions to be filled.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well as foxtailV refrenced the Ashley river this is the first thing i saw on googlemaps > A sizable catamaran a slightly larger sail boat and some possible power boat and what may be a sun beam or other small power boat . . .
who do they belong to? what shape are they in? all thease questions soon to be answered . . .
nobody beaches that many boats clustered like that, its not legal, its not ethical and its not proper . . . if only there was someone to take and put them to a good use . . .
It might be me. then again it might not be me . . . time will tell. . .

freddyfreight

Reaction score
This is incredible! this is exactly wat i've been wanting to do for the last two but alas, I'm headin to the west coast to try it. But i've heard it's way easier/ more doable on the east coast. but wat i'm really tryin to say is i am so down if i can get my ass to the west and back east soon enough. please keep me posted.

D

Deleted member 20

I have years of experience in commercialfishing & on plenty of boats from 36'-165' & come across large free/cheap commercial fishing boats from time to time around teh docks & as moderator of a commercial fishing website. Problem is with these if they all require cash & fuel to get things ship shape. If I come across anything in the future I will post it. Though potentially not suitable for realistic traveling the potential for a floating squat/liveabord could be possible. The trick is to find an abandoned or neglected piece of industrial waterfront where you wont raise eyebrowes for tieing up there. Improvements made to abutting waterfront,pier,dock etc that will make getting on/off the boat safer along with continued work to spruce up the vessel will all keep you under the radar until forced to move or abandon it to osme government agency to foot the bill of removal & hazardous disposal etc.

Bob

Reaction score
my friend shiva has the same basic idea. he wants to get a crew together and get a boat and travel internationally. doing this waterworld style would be fuckin amazing. i'd love to do this, but i'm not really good at shit aha. if you know shiva, talk to him about it. you could put yer ideas together. i plan on hopefully island hoping to trinidad and into south america this coming spring, but after that i'd be down to do whatever i can to get this goin and get on the seas.

in the words of my friend samiam, potheads are polite and pass to the right, but we're fuckin pirates, and we pass to the ARRRR

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sleept in a grave yard under the full misty Charleston moon
Have my flag Diagaro Enthio
hit your "-" key to zoom out so you can see th whole thing as its extremely large and will not display fully on most browsers.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
my friend shiva has the same basic idea. he wants to get a crew together and get a boat and travel internationally. doing this waterworld style would be fuckin amazing. i'd love to do this, but i'm not really good at shit aha. if you know shiva, talk to him about it. you could put yer ideas together. i plan on hopefully island hoping to trinidad and into south america this coming spring, but after that i'd be down to do whatever i can to get this goin and get on the seas.

in the words of my friend samiam, potheads are polite and pass to the right, but we're fuckin pirates, and we pass to the ARRRR

i can definately see siva on a boat... haha
as for samiam... hes a pirate no matter where he is (andd his shoulder kitty too)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So I meant to post this earlier, but here are some resources you should definitely look into!

You should google the following items (on my phone, so I can't give direct links):

-floating neutrinos
-miss rockaway armada
-sailing the seas of serenissima
-the swimming cities of the ocean of blood
-man builds island out of bottles
-blueanarchy.org

This will give you an assload of examples, videos, how 2s, etc! It's a lot of reading but I'm sure it will get you even more stoked on this form to travel.

Bob

Reaction score
i can definately see siva on a boat... haha
as for samiam... hes a pirate no matter where he is (andd his shoulder kitty too)

ahaha yeah, i last saw him about a month ago in portland, but he didn't have his cat. i think he said his cats godparents had her for now. not sure.

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
Whats the status on this?
I have worked with fiber glass and carbon fiber. I have done basic carpenter work. I can wire/rewire anything. I am familiar with military and civilian navigation/communication gear. I can't spell for shit. I also have no problem starting out pirate style (aka stealing a boat to get this going.)
I am very serious about this. If you are too lets meet up. Even if you aren't ready to head out we should still get together to do some prep.

spoon

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I can cook too. But you better like beer. I use beer with pretty much everything. Beer makes everything, EVERYTHING better.

spoon

Reaction score
Spoon sayith, so Spoon shall doith.
I tried to get another guy on board, mostly because he has a car, but he said no.
So due to not wanting to get rid of my dog or gun I am going to try to buy a car on the cheap. (or acquire one using an alternative method)
Worst case I get rid of both and take a bus. Either way, should be there in week or two.

Stope

Reaction score
This is exactly what I would want to do. Unfortunately, I am staying with relatives in Oklahoma and I don't have a ride. If anyone is traveling through and wouldn't mind picking up a stupid kid, I would be forever in debt to you.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads