Modern Anarchism: the problem and my solution | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Modern Anarchism: the problem and my solution

Sip

Reaction score
Capitalism is not the demon, government is. Unfortunately they have been very intertwined. Capitalism would work way better if the government just kept there mooching hands out of things. In fact the government should just get up and walk away.

Sure we are all against privatization, etcetera,etcetera, but let's face it. Modern civilized humans don't want to give up their luxuries. Hell. I like my luxuries. Internet, craft beer, my nice gear and boots, freight trains, delicious food of all flavors. None of these things would exist without capitalism. Sure we could all be nomadic hunter gatherers, or live in small farming communities, yeah, sounds great, but unfortunately the majority of folks don't want to do that. They want there cars and iPhones and Pop music and fast food. Capitalism. The government is just another group of individuals who are
Mooching off of the hard work of others and because of that capitalism and exploitation have gone awrey (sp?)

I like freedom. Freedom to do whatever I want. If I wanna start a coal mine and sell or trade that coal for something valuable (money) then why should you or any group of people say I can't do that. (Just an extreme example)

Freedom is freedom the whole way. The government impedes freedom.

Y'all should read Atlas Shrugged or The fountainhead or We the Living or Anthem by Ayn Rand.

Most people Meet who claim to be anarchist are simply whiny petty bourgeoise.

you seem to have this idea that you can only have modern luxury through capitalism, as well as freedom. This idea is laughable at best. I'm not going to sit here and tell you to read books, because I abhor that and see it as one of the killers of this movement, but if you think that Capitalism is the only way to have modern luxuries and freedom you are sadly mistaken and I encourage you to educate yourself.

As far as capitalism working better without government, that is silly. The government is currently the only thing protecting us from capitalism. Do you think pure capitalism would pay people a living wage or give them decent working conditions or time off? Look at the work world BEFORE this regulation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ras and Mankini

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
If you had pure anarchy...capitalism would still flourish. It is a fine system of trade.

Well get off this message board and go do it then...don't talk about it, be about it!

I'm living for myself. I've tried to live for others and simply get taken advantage of by the moochers. I am an individual and I recognize my freedom. Revolution! Ha! It's a joke to me now. Words are wind. I choose to live. You can go ahead and waste your life trying to fight a system that most people willingly accept. I will live and be free and use the system to my own advantage. To me THAT is anarchy.

Reactions: Mankini and Odin

Sip

Reaction score
I am doing and not just talking. I don't see it as a waste to fight for a better world, and that attitude is a major part of the reason we can't achieve one.

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Revolution occurs anytime the world doesn't go the way the ruling elites want it to. 1929-1939 was a revolution. The Black Plague was a revolution. The key is to identify these ripe periods and settings and strike while the iron is hot.

The America of the 30s was the turning point for unions and the IWW...the opportunity could have been seized-it almost was....But people for various reasons dropped the ball.

People were farming and hunting; recycling and being thrifty because they were forced to...I contemplate that period in history deeply and often. the years 1915-1940 were bad enough: Jekyll Island happened; US was consolidating its power both domestically and imperially...But the worst years were 1941-present....Now we have monstrosities like Cargill, the TLC, the Bretton Woods compact, and a great shift in culture. Maybe we should return to our roots, both politically and culturally.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads