Missing Daughter, Please Read | Squat the Planet

Missing Daughter, Please Read

WorriedMom

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Lori Nafz and my 26 year old daughter (That is her picture in my profile) was hitch hiking from Columbus, OH to Richmond VA last week when I lost contact with her. She used to visit this web site a lot, which is why I am asking for your help. I am attaching another photo of her to this message.. Her name is Tiffany Frost and she is traveling with her blonde pit bull/mix (Penelope). The last time I talked to her was March 3rd. She had gotten a ride to Parkersburg, W Va and found an abandoned garage to get out of the cold and sleep in. She was going to call me in the morning and we were going to talk about me driving to pick her up. She never called and her phone has gone straight to voice mail ever since. For various reasons that I won't go into here, this is out of the norm for her and, while I am somewhat used to being worried about her as she travels, this time there are indicators that something is very wrong. If you have seen her, please call me at 937-717-6134. Thanks for reading, and if there is a way to pass this on to other travelers that would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• anim_18b1b23f-f7ee-88f4-9d67-3ee1114a8618.gif
    anim_18b1b23f-f7ee-88f4-9d67-3ee1114a8618.gif
    186.3 KB · Views: 370

Planet

Reaction score
Hey WorriedMom i belive we've met before, at the fowller house, and i keep in touch with Tiffany. Last i heard she was going out to VA to stay on a farm with like minded people. She told me she was looking to kind of cut herself off from everything for a while.

I'll keep a look out for her and let you know when she shows up.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
Hey WorriedMom i belive we've met before, at the fowller house, and i keep in touch with Tiffany. Last i heard she was going out to VA to stay on a farm with like minded people. She told me she was looking to kind of cut herself off from everything for a while.

I'll keep a look out for her and let you know when she shows up.
Thanks for responding, and yeah, she was about 5 hours from her destination (Richmond, VA, where the farm is) when we lost contact with her. She had planned to go to Richmond for a while, but the decision to leave 10 days ago was an impulsive one, and she wasn't well prepared for the freezing weather. She only had a cheap sleeping bag and the temps have been below freezing. We were trying to procure a ride for her so she didn't have to hitch-hike, but the next day (March 4th) she just went MIA. She's done this before, but like I said, there are reasons to make us believe she is in trouble this time. She knew it was too cold and was reaching out to us for help... I don't think this is a purposeful cutting off, not this time. Thanks again for responding & for looking out.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm in Richmond,will keep my eye open,and will report back here,asap !

WorriedMom

Reaction score
Have you tried calling the woman who lived in the Columbus squat with her?
Not sure which squat you're referring to.. the last place she lived was a "work for rent" craigslist position that only lasted a week.. she left that place for Richmond, and the lady who lived there with her barely talked to her, so.. Thanks for responding, I appreciate it, and please let me know if you hear from or see her.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
I'm in Richmond,will keep my eye open,and will report back here,asap !
THANKS! I learned yesterday that she left that garage in Parkersburg. I was half afraid they would find her there, frozen, but the Sheriff found the garage she last called me from and it's empty. They found her tag there, so we know for sure it's the right place. I'll be focusing my energy now on trying to find out who gave her a ride from Parkersburg. It's been almost a week now since her phone was shut off and I am so afraid for her. She would have borrowed a phone to call me if she could, she wouldn't let me worry like this if she could help it.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
god i hope everything is alright........ i'll let you know if i hear from her

Reactions: Planet

WorriedMom

Reaction score
god i hope everything is alright........ i'll let you know if i hear from her
Bryan, I am out of my mind with worry, something is really wrong. We are going to try to pull together some "reward for info" money, maybe that will help.. someone has seen her, someone knows where she is.

Planet

Reaction score
Fuck dude this is heavy shit. I know shes a strong woman though. I'll be sending good thoughts her way. I'll also ask other people that know her on if they have any clues.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
I would assume graffiti. I really wish you the best ma'am. I know I've lost contact with my mom for periods of time and really worried her, and felt really bad afterwards. Hopefully she'll turn up. Be careful out there kids, and call your mom.
Thanks, and you are so right. I've lost contact with her countless times before, and always worried, but those times were different... and I've never before felt the need to call the police & report her missing because I know she forgets, gets drunk, whatever. This time is different... she knew we were probably coming to pick her up, she knew I was waiting for her call, she knew she was in a precarious position.

p4r4d0x

Reaction score
Be careful out there kids, and call your mom.
This. They won't be here forever.

Yeah, her name... I've always heard it called just a tag, but I'll be more specific when referring to it next time. Thanks.

It's common terminology everywhere, but I don't like to assume.
I was hopeful it was her dogs tag and she had some kind of protection.

This thread gives me the heebie jeebies.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
This. They won't be here forever.

It's common terminology everywhere, but I don't like to assume.
I was hopeful it was her dogs tag and she had some kind of protection.

This thread gives me the heebie jeebies.
She did have her dog, Penelope, with her... Tiff always says that because she has the dog she's safe, but we (her family) have shown her how simple it is to trick a dog into getting out of a car then driving away.. if Penelope is with her, though, she wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

scatwomb

Reaction score
Have you contacted any animal shelters in the area?

If her dog is at an animal shelter, it may have become separated from Ursulah? And, depending on what shelter you find it at, it may give you a better idea of her last location...?

I know that's not something that would help alleviate any fears you have, but, it may be another avenue to go down....?

Good luck, really. I'm really close to my mom and when I've travelled, I've tried to stay in contact with her. A few times I have gone a few weeks without connecting with her because I am off the grid or whatever. She definitely was freaking out. Made me feel like shit.

Again, good luck with everything.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
Have you contacted any animal shelters in the area?

If her dog is at an animal shelter, it may have become separated from Ursulah? And, depending on what shelter you find it at, it may give you a better idea of her last location...?

I know that's not something that would help alleviate any fears you have, but, it may be another avenue to go down....?

Good luck, really. I'm really close to my mom and when I've travelled, I've tried to stay in contact with her. A few times I have gone a few weeks without connecting with her because I am off the grid or whatever. She definitely was freaking out. Made me feel like shit.

Again, good luck with everything.

Thanks for responding, and yeah, we've started the animal shelter calling..
Any and all ideas are more than welcome, I have never done this before and the cops are ZERO help, in fact most seem slightly annoyed and condescending... after spending most of the night talking to various sheriff/police employees I am banging my head against the wall and starting to realize that if we are going to find out where she is/what happened to her it's going to be up to us... law enforcement just doesn't seem to care a whole lot about traveling people.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads