Looking to set up squat/commune in nyc

vodoutribe

Reaction score
The original author seems like a flake.but I'm looking for some responsible people to start up a stable squat out here in NYC.if you know ny you probably already know our best bet is in bush wick or in bedstuy.it's about to get cold..let me know ASAP.no junkies please

E

Earth

I'll be honest, last group of people I knew who pulled of squatting in NYC were some from the 1st generation NYHC crew.
Down in Alphabet City.....

But that was 30 years ago!!
Today, all that's left is the memory..................

Sadly, by the mid 90s - the rich took over and kicked out the rabble :(
Wonder where they all went????

bicyclerevolution

Reaction score
The original author seems like a flake.but I'm looking for some responsible people to start up a stable squat out here in NYC.if you know ny you probably already know our best bet is in bush wick or in bedstuy.it's about to get cold..let me know ASAP.no junkies please

I'm totally down, voudoutribe. I've already been cruising around in certain promising-looking neighborhoods in Brooklyn and found a couple of potential buildings. I've even scoped out the owners using online public records searches (PropertyShark - Property Records, Foreclosures, Real Estate ... and ACRIS: Online City Register ).

LostAvood

Reaction score
Ill back you man

JamesX

Reaction score
Hi, I'm based in NYC at the moment and would love to know more about a potential squat space. Either joining an already existing space or helping to find and start one.

Gomeza

Reaction score
Hi, I'm based in NYC at the moment and would love to know more about a potential squat space. Either joining an already existing space or helping to find and start one. Trying to get a few good committed people to scope out a space and make it our own. Yes, the 70's and 80's where great for squatting and the golden age of squatting might be over. But all movements need a few brave individuals to dust it off and get the ball rolling. What do you guys say, any brave souls care to join? Please be serious about it.

Reactions: JamesX
D

Deleted member 20

You can try Hassam Nezames old apt for sale by the US Marshals service floors 14-15 770 park ave. Manhattan. NYC
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2011/..._fraudsters_28_million_park_avenue_palace.php
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/0017522

Sorry guys but the golden era of NYC squats are long gone. Is this a pipe dream? do these young kids realize that the boroughs of NYC are the most densely populated, expensive areas in the country. Not impossible but it wouldnt be my first choice to start a succesfull squat.

JamesX

Reaction score
You can try Hassam Nezames old apt for sale by the US Marshals service floors 14-15 770 park ave. Manhattan. NYC
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2011/..._fraudsters_28_million_park_avenue_palace.php
http://www.sothebyshomes.com/nyc/sales/0017522

Sorry guys but the golden era of NYC squats are long gone. Is this a pipe dream? do these young kids realize that the boroughs of NYC are the most densely populated, expensive areas in the country. Not impossible but it wouldnt be my first choice to start a succesfull squat.

It's true, squatting over here is way harder than say, England, because we dont have laws protecting us (as far as i can tell?), however, the fact that these buildings might be wealthy shouldn't matter - google Millionaire Squatters...
I really want to find out all the laws so I can have that information on my side. I'm down for taking a squat.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads