Looking for small wilderness group....

travelin

Reaction score
it is the family farm in eastern texas. gets a little warm in the summer but there is practically no winter there, some frosty mornings and some colder rainy days in the winter but hardly any snow or ice for more than a couple days.

superlong growing season. potatos in the ground in late january and just about everything else in march/april. it can grow a shitton of food and did for many years till the family all wandered on into the world.

it is outside a tiny town, two gas stations, one on each side of town, a school. hell, not even a red light for miles. small city 10 miles away, houston 65 miles away.

i loved it growing up, but always had a serious case of wanderlust. would always wind up back there roaming the woods and creeks, hunting and fishing.

never was big into growing things until after my dad passed away. i realized i lost a treasure trove of knowledge about farming and animal husbandry after he was gone.

wetcat

Reaction score
Yea I say we all just move this conversation to in person on your land. It sounds perfect. Id love to get it going again

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
Rehashing/bumping this topic... Who's still around and wants to talk about this more. I have been out and about learning new skills, spending some time in the dirt, playing around with the idea of the Appalachian range, and more... Wanting to get deep in the woods now more than ever. Anyone out there still pondering this thought, closer to making a go at this? ? ?
Anyone already started a camp and now wants to add to the village population???

D

Deleted member 2626

mannnn just do it. you really wanna do it do it alone, if thats the only option. this is the internet and its unreliable like most people.

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
I'm still very interested in this idea. a group pf people working the land, building, etc is much easier than going solo on a project. God knows I have tried.

Going west to work and put some money todather. hope to buy some land in the mid-west/east area for a possible commune of sorts.

Anyone interested in joining forces and kicking around some ideas, PM or e-mail me anytime.
~WW70

WindWalker1970

Reaction score

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
If anybody is still interested in this let me know about it.

Right now I have thought about creating a permanent wilderness retreat or commune for anarcho primitivists.

Permanent as in I plan on never returning back to civilization once I get started.

Right now I am sizing up three locations such as Washington, Montana, and Alaska.

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
If anybody is still interested in this let me know about it.

Right now I have thought about creating a permanent wilderness retreat or commune for anarcho primitivists.

Permanent as in I plan on never returning back to civilization once I get started.

Right now I am sizing up three locations such as Washington, Montana, and Alaska.

Could be ready to start this project as early as the end of September this year.

Trying to save enough money to get survival tools, resources, and ect.

p4r4d0x

Reaction score
Starting a project like that in some of those areas at that time of year could be pretty rough.
I've lived through rough winters with no heat.
I'm still down.

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
Starting a project like that in some of those areas at that time of year could be pretty rough.

For sure. It's just the earliest I could start.

I do however have my own ideas of getting through the oncoming winter in those areas.

Plus I would have winter gear on me. I don't mind sharing tools and supplies but I would hope that others who show up bring some resources with them as well.

ProletarianGuerilla

Reaction score
Oh yeah, absolutely.
I've already not chilled with a few people because of their lack of resourcefulness.
It's difficult to find the right people.

What we didn't have on spot we could just liberate or scavenge later from wherever.

Traveler

Reaction score
Hi STP. I'm back for a short visit. In the next week or so I'm going to be squatting some small wooded areas around the Houston area. Thinking about going north to one of the closer national forests. For the moment I'm just finishing up with a job and getting a few pieces of equipment. Anyone near me looking to get primitive? Where is that guy with the land in east tx... Sounded like heaven!

travelin

Reaction score
oh i still got it. its been in the family since around 1943.

what has happened is one of the male siblings has moved into the area and he goes down there occasionally and has expressed a desire for no one not family and the small group of friends be on the property.

once he moves on somewhere else or i go back, then i can have guests.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads