Kamp-Rite style tent | Squat the Planet

Kamp-Rite style tent

Jerrell

Reaction score
I will be rubbertramping it in my old '91 Miata when I hit the road in the spring unless the van gods smile down upon me. I've been looking at one person tents and came across the Kamp-Rite for $99 at the local Bass Pro Shop.

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these. It doesn't collapse small enough for my taste, but it's a tent that's up off the ground. I can't really do the hammock thing because they make my body too stiff and achy just napping in them. I need some elbow room. lol

I'm also open to suggestions of alternative ideas.

claymation

Reaction score
I don't have one but would like to have the double for car camping. I think it's a great alternative to regular tents or hammocks. I do like that it seems unitized for quick set up anytime and anywhere. About the only thing I question would be long term durability. It has good reviews on Amazon.

Reactions: Jerrell

Hazardoussix6six

RideBikesPlayPolo
Reaction score
miata life that's fun, those cars make every road seem like childhood go-karts. fun.if you got wheels you're good, just travel from state park to state park, usually free... if they roll up at night just have money on tbe dash say hey il pay in the morning ... then skip, worked for me in my old volvo. from Tucson to Bakersfield to Cincinnati

Reactions: Jerrell

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm too broken down to walk or hitch. lol

Jerrell

Reaction score
I've been looking at NEMO tents more and more. I know I can get one for less than two bills.

I'm thinking that if my bedroom is going to be a tent, I better have one that lasts.

Jerrell

Reaction score
UPDATE!

So my mom dragged me out to a town garage sale (they set up shop in their elementary school) today and I figured I'd keep my eye open for anything useful for the road. Wouldn't you know the first thing I saw was a nearly new Kamp-Rite tent/cot for $25. I didn't have enough, but my dad tossed me a $20 so I bought it. Once it gets warm enough to camp, I'll test it out a few times and let y'all know how it goes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads