it was just a dead end street

nobody

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post and I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. I'm older than most of you, have been married (now divorced) with 2 sons, both grown. When I was young, I spent a lot of time on the road and rails, lived in a cemetery for 6 months before we were forced to leave, lived in a tent in a semi-wilderness area for more than a year, etc. Did I mention I got married? Oh yeah, I did. That's what put an end to my wandering. I got a job, car, condo...the usual stuff people get when they start a family. I became a respectable citizen.

Fast-forward to today: I believe our society and culture is sick and I don't want to be a part of the main-stream anymore. I guess my teenage assumptions were right after all.

I've done a lot of research over the past few years regarding neo-primitivism, squatting laws (in various countries, including the U.S.), food preservation, alternate sources of heating and cooking, etc., etc....

I'm currently looking into intentional communities and might eventually join one, or buy land and start one. As you can probably see, my interests are diverse.

I hope to contribute to this site by providing any knowledge I have that might be useful to some, and I hope to learn from the young people here. I'm especially interested in your personal stories and reflections on why you've chosen this path (or was it thrust on you?). I hope to make some real friends here.

One last thing, are donations to this site needed/accepted? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I've been lurking here for a few weeks or so and the feel here is really nice, and this site provides a valuable resource to many. I'd like to help out.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Howdy!Well,looks like another old fart has found out that it weren't all we thought it could be........BUT.........read the forums and listen to these kids.....they got heart,and whatever they decide to do,they do it!Hope you find your way to what you want,ride far,and ride safe!

M

Mouse

hello! good to meet you.

as for the donations question - I'm sure Matt would take donations to keep the site up or fund his punk planet project. PM mattpist and ask him what you can do.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
welcome! you seem like a cool dude.

Salem M.

Reaction score
Well hell,

Welcome to the circus man, I hope everything goes well for you on the site, hope everythings informational.

Personaly, I think people should try and start more projects in America. We need to change the land of the oppressed into something of our own creation.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads