Is no one interested in owning their land anymore | Squat the Planet

Is no one interested in owning their land anymore

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
So i have posted b4 about building an earthship style home for cheap i got like 200 views no replys well this is the deal i found 35 acres for 5k down n 300 a month 21k total its basically all a big meadow the owner will finance so no banks its in wyoming 10 miles from I-80 the owner of the land owns a well drilling company and will drill the wells for additional money but cheapely cus he wants to sell the land my wife and i are headin out as soon as we get rid of our house we have an rv and plan on setting up for a year or two while we build the house we can do this by ourselves but would like neighbors of our own choosing and whatnot we are chill and like living with other people as long as they're straight with us we are 420 friendly and nonreligious altho we believe in a type of threefold karmic circle ya know reap what u sow and all that she is in medical and i am a general contractor

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
we are in illinois 30 miles outside chicago and are willing to let people crash at our house if they want to do this with us so they can stack up some money we arent looking to host a family with kids but a couple or single or a few singles not that we dont like kids but there not ours and rather not deal withem so if u are truly interested hit me up please only peaceful people no drunkin monsters as we dont drink dont mind if u do but if u act like an ass u get knocked on ur ass { i am a sleeping bear harmless until woken and than very ferocious} i protect whats mine and will give away anything but i hate to be stolen from and there are many forms of theft

dprogram

Reaction score
Wyoming doesn't sound too bad but isn't it freezing cold there? I hat the cold. =) Good luck.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
So this is whatsup I am gonna b settled in wyoming by spring and all next year I will b workin on my house if you want to trade some labor for a place to crash and meals we will be offering it were gonna b 10 miles off I-80 30 min west of laramie its a remote location but should b a good spot for a base camp if u want to follow the gathering around the west

dprogram

Reaction score
Ohh that doesn't sound too bad...esp when compared to Chicago. When I get my goin and sold and get a van hooked up I'll be in touch b/c I'll be a travellin.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Love wyoming, but cold(almost died in a snow storm north of riverton) and bit expensive.... west texas is hot, dry, but cheap.... Solar Farm and compound. Make my living off the grid instead of living OFF the grid. But happyearth, if you need some work done, or some help I would love to assist with production, digging, the dirty work.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
So i have posted that i wouldnt be leaving till spring well i may b going sooner wifey just got a job offer to start sooner than we thought mayb next 2 weeks and we will b goin to wyoming still looking for land and friends to build an earthship any ideas would b helpfull

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I would look into building a house under ground, keep cool during the summer, and warm in winter. Not sure of the permits and codes and shit tho, good Idea to try to find land(if available) that are just out side of city code.

plagueship

Reaction score
my dream is to own a little house with a few acres in a rural area, kinda like where i live now (which i don't own)...
no ideas yet on how to swing that.

wtf is up with all the stp posters who don't use line breaks or any sort of punctuation? i cannae read that shite.

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
Sorry for the lack of punctuation. I can only guess when I am using it correctly. For some reason its usage never stuck. I know some of the obvious ones but I don't know how to write correctly. And then didn't need it when I was travelling and working heck I didnt use a computer or own one till 2006 which is when I started having to communicate via text shoot before that the only writing I ever did was on applications for stuff

sideshowbxb

Reaction score
So i have posted b4 about building an earthship style home for cheap i got like 200 views no replys well this is the deal i found 35 acres for 5k down n 300 a month 21k total its basically all a big meadow the owner will finance so no banks its in wyoming 10 miles from I-80 the owner of the land owns a well drilling company and will drill the wells for additional money but cheapely cus he wants to sell the land my wife and i are headin out as soon as we get rid of our house we have an rv and plan on setting up for a year or two while we build the house we can do this by ourselves but would like neighbors of our own choosing and whatnot we are chill and like living with other people as long as they're straight with us we are 420 friendly and nonreligious altho we believe in a type of threefold karmic circle ya know reap what u sow and all that she is in medical and i am a general contractor
i have viewed some of the things posted from you earlier in the year happy earth, i might be able to help out, cant guarantee anything, but it would have to wait until after this year is over with because i will be selling christmas trees down here to make some money to get the hell out of florida, i hate this state, i always have, but i came back down to visit with family, ive done that, and im ready to get the hell out, ive lived on the streets for years now, i got my problems, every one does, im glad to hear your 420 friendly, by the way, wyoming you say? im unfamiliar with the terrain up there, when i was a youth i grew tomatoes, black eyes, pintos, jalapenos, and okra on my grandfathers lot in texas, im 26 this year, just turned on this past month, so im still a youth, i was wondering if youd be interested in having me along maybe next year during the summer, my plans after this year is over with is to head out west first, sit down play guitar a bit, in some cities out on that coast, with a couple of street kids, my lifestyle is quite migrant, ive picked tomatoes be4 down here in florida, and i cant keep up with the spanish folk, but i certainly will get out there, nonetheless, i dont have all the details about your earthen home, ill look it up sometime, but i am not alotted alot of time on pcs, and i play guitar, i have a bad habit of listening to music way too much then a person should, hmm . . . i also have to warn you, i believe i aint too bad a person, but i have been diagnosed bi-polar, manic depressant in the past, but i dont believe in taking medicine and the crap that the docs try to get you hooked on, just so you can become a 'normal' part of society again, i like my lifestyle, if i do come up and chill with yall foir a bit, i am certain 99% i wont be staying up there for the rest of my life, so dont try to convince to stay on your lot afterwards, which i feel certain you prolly wont, and i hope what i just said doesnt give you the wrong impression of me, i have trust issues too, ive been screwed over ALOT in my life, so i do have to admit i have some anger issues, i just recently was talking to one person on this site, but when your talking on these pcs, your not directly interacting with the person on the other end, so to speak, so the person on the other end, who the f#%$ knows who that is, know what i mean? but any how, ive spoken quite a bit of gibberish, sry take car of yourself, and if you could id like to hear more about this sort of project you got going on, maybe i could help out a lil, maybe not, uncertain as of yet, forgive me

flashinglights

Reaction score
I am interested in owning and truly improving land, and with the massive ongoing correction in real estate prices it just might become a reality in the coming years. Homesteading looks more and more attractive as people everywhere are re-learning how to feed and shelter themselves and sharing the techniques and methods, as one big decentralized tribe. I believe that we can take all this spoiled land in ruined cities and begin to restore it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads