If I pull a knife should I use it?

Reaction score
I'm gonna repost this since I have seen some pretty nasty slice wounds on some oogles that were friends and should have just punched each other instead of escalating, but they rent confident in and to and so they cut eachother over BS. Listen to The guy who said don't pull it unless you are ready to cut someone. Your opponent might have just been taking shit and now he thinks he has to fight for his life. Thusly, you might want a couple small cheap, disposable & easily concealed knives are best. Brandishing it isn't how it is going to save you.If you are being attacked, you don't let them know you have it till you are already cutting them(not even then if you are fast), then escape and CLEAN THEM OFF & ditch them where they will never be found. DO NOT USE LETHAL FORCE AS FIRST RESORT IN STREET FIGHTING ONLY TO ESCAPE WITH YOUR LIFE IF NECESSARY. You may have to explain it to a judge so don't go cutting every drunk that tries to swing at you unless you are in real danger. Anything longer than four fingers is a spicy item likely to get you arrested & is overkill. IF the size of the knife really makes that much of a difference then you re not confident enough with knives and it will likely be taken and used against you, making concealment, speed and violence of action very important. The less proficient in violence you are the sneakier and quicker you must be, no time for threats or brandishing this is for sure.

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
While I'm just one person, I can say that I think the folks that are ignoring the possibilities of being harmed are coming from a place of privilege, after all there's a significant traveler and unhoused community that are either Queer or Non-Men. Sure I use my head and descalation first and foremost, but I highly recommend at least the use of pepper sprays, gels, or that fancy gun you see for 24.99 that's like a spicy super soaker. Past that part, I've faced issues with dumb burb kids and bigots outnumbering my partner and I where we've had to pull out knives after exhausting other options. I think it's use should be focused on as a deterrence a loud enough yell and drawing a weapon or even placing one's hand on it is mighty intimidating and has saved me and loved ones from bashing many times nerve wracking as it is every time. Fighting is fucking stupid but by all means go nuts on a bigot or Nazi tbh. But digressing, sisters and Queers in general should ALWAYS have the tools and knowledge available with how it is these days.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Knifes are amazing tools. They can do quite a lot of things VERY well. You can cook a fine meal. Fix a Pack. Start a fire. Improvise shelter. Everyone should have a knife. Know how to use it. Maintain it. I feel like the "fighting with a knife" culture and available information is so contaminated with bad sources, mall ninjas and make believe bad asses. That its hard to comb though it for any useful or practical information on the subject. What little I have found was written for the military at one point or another. The VAST majority of that information seams to point to the knife being used as a weapon of ambush or last resort. Attacking a sentry or guard from behind while they are relaxed. Or dieing with it in your hand once your gun jams or you run out of bullets. Some even say that knife fights are best to be avoided because they often end up with both parties bleeding out.

As for me I'm a runner not a fighter. If someones coming at me with an intent to kick my ass I'm not going for a weapon I'm going to turn tail and run. They can laugh at my back while I do it to. I don't much care for looking cool. I care for not being hurt.

All that said that's just one mans very privileged and biased opinion. I have had the luxury of never meeting a fight that I could not slip, avoid, run from, or otherwise get out of.

• Useful
Reactions: The Toecutter

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads