How to keep yourself busy when your housed up | Squat the Planet

How to keep yourself busy when your housed up

flashinglights

Reaction score
Hustle, make money. Lots of business plans work better with a safe quiet place to work out the behind the scenes stuff. From crafting to repair to resale you can do lots of things in a house that are tougher to do on the street. Look on Craigslist gigs section for ideas to get started.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

bryanpaul

Reaction score
learn to grow psilocybe mushrooms......

bryanpaul

Reaction score

bryanpaul

Reaction score
get some beads and a camera and go to work

makan kotoran

Reaction score
Get some paracord,
learn how to do a slats hitch and make parachord bracelets/belts, useful as shit.
learn how to forge metal and then make knives, get better and make your own flick knives.
make a zine, learn how to make good smokebombs,
the list goes on and on.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
rubics cube
images

flashinglights

Reaction score
Apply for food stamps.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
get a hustle.
just kidding. i second the food stamps. try to get ga too if they have it. im in cane hill arkansas rite now i bet you 100$ its smaller than yr town. when i was stuck in colorado springs forever i learned how to do stencil art, that was pretty neat. started writing a book, made some zines, drank alot by myself. lol. kinda sad. try learning a new instrument or some kind of craft. i feel for you tho, hope you get off probation soon.

Reactions: 40 Hands

acrata4ever

Reaction score
oh and i forgot you can use stencils to blow up art on a wall with a desk lamp. you can cut animals from magazines take leaves branches and grass and trace a whole jungle in a room.

flashinglights

Reaction score
Pick up tools and do all the small repairs that the people that live in the house are too busy/lazy/burnt out to do.

Reactions: EphemeralStick
Reaction score
let me add i live in an extremely small town like i mean fucking small so i can only busk in front of this little ass market once a week so i dont blow it up. im also on probation haha fuck
Haha, I know what that's like. I live in a small town and i've probably made about 3 dollars busking in the last year.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
i've been housed up for about a year now, staying at parents', friends' houses, etc. i'm working a shit job that pays well and gives me plenty of hours, saving up for my own place where i can grow a respectable garden and set up a library for my Pirate Books program (ask me about it!). i'm trying really hard to avoid staving off the boredom with drugs and booze which is harder than it sounds, but getting involved in projects is the most important thing you can do. putting my artistic flair to use, designing fliers/album art/merch for friends in bands has been a great use of my time, as well as patch-making, writing and creative outlets for boredom. also, Magic: The Gathering is a great, free way to kill an afternoon with yer friend. bong-rips optional ;)

ps: i've actually been making money off my writing! holy crap, dirty rig is a professional writer. watch out, hemingway. this drunkpunk's coming for ya

Reactions: flashinglights

flashinglights

Reaction score
+1 for Magic cards and killing time. If you're nerdy enough to post here asking how to kill time, you're nerdy enough to play Magic.

40 Hands

Reaction score
get a hustle.
just kidding. i second the food stamps. try to get ga too if they have it. im in cane hill arkansas rite now i bet you 100$ its smaller than yr town. when i was stuck in colorado springs forever i learned how to do stencil art, that was pretty neat. started writing a book, made some zines, drank alot by myself. lol. kinda sad. try learning a new instrument or some kind of craft. i feel for you tho, hope you get off probation soon.

Ive been getting into stencils lately too, fun stuff!! I also have been writing zine articles for a couple zines out this way. Viva La Zines!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads