Help picking an extra-tall sleeping bag?

Wild Ty Laserbeam

Reaction score
So I've finally had enough of my old sleeping bag and I'm looking to replace it. The only thing making this difficult is finding one that will fit well. I'm 6'3. I obviously need something that I can use all year. I was thinking maybe something with a removable liner and maybe a bivy. Also, dark/camo colors are important.

Any of you tall folks have a suggestion? thanks

mamamutiny

Reaction score
my lafuma XL from the clearance area of REI's website is great (i'm 6'). i managed to get it for 30-some bucks because they were having a special that weekend, and i hit up a coupon code for the site for another 10 percent off or something. if you'll be stationary/have a credit or debit card, etc. online shopping for gear kinda rules. i am the queen of coupon codes, seriously. but anyway, i do like my lafuma, and have had other folks say they're pretty damn durable. oh, and mine is a dark navy blue, but a lot of them do come in those stupid super bright colors, so watch for that, i guess. good luck!

E

Earth

Found one at ll bean that was returned a couple of times so I got it real cheap, keep in the diesel van although I should put it in the country squire since that's the only thing running properly. Oh yeah, 6'7" + 245lbs and fit well.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Auto

Reaction score
I'd go check out a military surplus store and check out the 3-4 piece modular sleeping bags.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Check sierratradingpost.com, they usually have a lot of good prices on quality gear. Also, REI has a ton of scams, and good quality gear, so you can get nearly anything there for free in one way or another (ie legal or not). Plus their used gear sales are hard to pass up.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads