Hello. Lurked here few years, traveled around a bit, looking for short term road dog | Squat the Planet

Hello. Lurked here few years, traveled around a bit, looking for short term road dog

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey I have been lurking here for a number of years, but never really posted, so heres an intro:

My name is kyle aka thewindandrain if you've ever seen that tag on highway signs or under bridges. Grew up in Kansas City. I'm pretty active on hitchingit.com, was active on digihitch for a long time, post a lot on hitchwiki.org and reddit.com/r/hitchhiking.

I've been traveling mostly nonstop since 2011, hitchhiked 79,000 miles across 50 states, 8 provinces of Canada.

I'm very easy to get along with I don't get bent out of shape or stressed easily and I don't like drama.

I used to work odd jobs for travel money, but these days I just panhandle and make a pretty comfortable living doing it.

I don't drink or do drugs much, mostly my recreational habits include hanging out around a campfire, good conversation, kayaking, hiking, hanging out at truck stops or wherever, being on the move and learning about the world.

If anyone wants to meet up, I'm going to be hanging around the lower united states all over below i40 for the next few weeks before heading up to Alaska.

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Dam dood - you have a lot of miles on those feet!!! Welcome and glad yer posting!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
awesome man, welcome to the site! what's your favorite thing about hitchhiking?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That's cool man, personally I hate hitchhiking in the usa, but id love to give it a go in other countries.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It's cool seeing the kind of community and websites that are behind hitchhiking too.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads