Hello all! I'm SlowButSpeeding.

SlowButSpeeding

Reaction score
I'm from North Carolina. I work in a bar. I write music and stories in my free time. That is any time I can't spend with friends. I need to see more. I need to get away. I'm here to start the journey.

I'm looking for pros/cons of the wandering lifestyle. I'm looking for pro-tips on how to make the most of it. I'm looking for people who might want to come along.

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Hi, first thing you really need to decide is if you are going to be driving, hitchhiking, taking Greyhound, Amtrak, a Bicycle, Motorcycle, or Freight Train. After you decide how you are going to go, then it will be easier to decide what you need and where to start.

• Useful
Reactions: SpaceDirt and Tude

SpaceDirt

Reaction score
personally I've never wanted to be someone begging for money on the road. Given there were times I was just sitting and people gave us money but that was by on their own will. Soo try and bring some money from work ? That's up to you. And dumpster food!

I would say always bring a big sharpie or marker. On the last trip I was on we were going freight.. but then we never had a chance to get off and ended up way off course. Had to make a sign to hitch near a yard, if I remember correctly we did have a marker but it was nearly out of ink haha. A random thing but a great thing to bring along!

Pros:
- Your going to see things you never even thought of
- You will have great (fucking awesome) times
- Meet new people
- Learn new ways, you'll open your mind a lot.
- You might be uncomfortable from your everyday norms (I think a great thing)

Cons:
- Uh.. none really ha maybe getting into legal trouble depending on your form of travel.

Reactions: East

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads